Biopsy of Brain and Heart after death

Hi ,

Having a tough day tody and it remined me of a couple things relavant to this .

First my Wife doesn't think I have either so an autopsy should be a moot point and a friend O' mine told me the other day he knows what to tell the doctor next time I go TO EMERG -- If you don't know whats wrong than I 'm already dead just to stupid to lay down !!!

Slainte' Kite 7

Ontrack-- a member of this forum, Ernie, donated her brother's remains to the US National Institutes of Health. Perhaps she can let you know if they found anything unusual.

I've had so many tests that look at structures of the body, I highly doubt they'll find any structural issues--I've had CAT scans, MRI's, PET, MUGR, HIDA, scans, Sonograms/Ultrasounds, doplers, etc.--of nearly everything except my feet and hands.

I think that if they consistently found abnormalities in our group of disorders, that would have been reported repeatedly in the literature by now--it's possible we have abnormalities that are an the nerve/trasnmission level that aren't easily seen yet. Pet scans of the heart haven't yet revealed a problem with nerve migration, and/or activity (I participated in a study at NIH on this).

Nina

I was standing during the MUGR and the HIDA scans. Nothing abnormal was seen--not even the lower limb pooling that they expected on the MUGR (a heart scan).

Nina

Oh, and I forgot to mention that some places offer FMRI (functional mri), where you are upright, or in any other functional position that sets off symptoms. Also the dopplers were done on me while I was upright to make sure the blood flow in my larger veins and arteries were normal. My heart study at NIH included a cardiac catheterization--and used a lower extremity vacuum to emulate standing. My structures were fine, but I pumped out a bucket full of norepinephrine and then there was none. Structurally, I'm "perfect", but neurochemically, I'm way out of whack.

:angry: Nina

Hey MightyMouse

Thank you for that information. I haven't heard of those tests being done upright so I'm a bit surprised. Very good information to know and pass along. I'm not at all familiar with the MUGR.

My norepinephrine test was done whileI was laying down so I'm wondering about the real results of that.