Does Neurocardigenic Syncope Or Pots Run In Families?

Hey everyone...it's been awhile since i posted anything but i have a question for you. Do you know if Neurocardiogenic Syncope or Pots can run in families? Do any of you have it and have another family member with it too? I;m asking because my sister (who is a little older then me), her cardiologist thinks she has Pots and is having her do a tilt table test as well as a stress test to figure things out. So i'm just curious. I've had both Ncs and Pots since 2004 so you think i would know an answer, but i was to this point the only one in our family who has ever had this so i never had to think about it. Thanks for your imput!

Becca

Yes, it can run in families. My son has POTS and my daughter was only diagnosed with OI. I had many symptoms as a teen, as did my mother. Your family can have a predisposition to it. After years of testing and digging for answers, I think EDS is the main cause for our family. My daughter has an official diagnosis of EDS, and the geneticist would guess my son has it also based on what I told her about him. He also has MCAS.

Yes, I have both NMH and POTS. My daughter has been diagnosed with POTS. I have a brother who I suspect has it as well and I think both my sisters (who also are hypermobile like me) have POTS tendencies. I also have 2 nieces who have symptoms but haven't been able to be diagnosed.