Just Diagnosed Hyperthyroid :( Any Input? Theories?

brethor9

I just got the call today and I have to say I am completely devastated and at the end of my rope emotionally can anyone explain to me about this illness and what to expect and what may have caused it? I already have MCAD/POTS/EDS....my symptoms that made my doctor test were severe pain and weakness in my muscles especially my legs, night sweats, headaches, sweats, nervousness, high/low BP, severe tachycardia.... ugggh

Bren

I'm so sorry to hear this, but relieved to know there is medication regulated to help. I've only been diagnosed with pots for 6 months now. But I really think there is one thing to be said about hormones! I'll be happy if I can see an endocrinologist., which I would suggest for you Hang in there and keep us posted. Best advice I have

I have been having a low TSH for the last 2 years. It hovers around 0.02 (0.3-3.0). My FT4 is at the top of the normal range or a few tenths over. I feel my "perkiest" at this level. When they made me lower my dosage from 100 mcg. to 88 mcg., I spent all last fall in a constipated, bloated daze. I felt halfway to a coma. I then went back up on my thyroid meds, and it took me a good 3 months to get back to my "normal", where I can think and have some energy.

I had my thyroid removed a few years ago, and started at 125 mcg. I felt alright, but was heat intolerant, so I voluntarily lowered the dosage to 112 and then 100.

Anyway, at rest, my heart rate is in the 70s, so I don't think I am really hyperthyroid, even though the labs say I am. Being on a lower dose did not make my POTS be any different, just mostly my mental ability and energy was gone.