Quercetin?

Katybug

I tried it too and it actually made my mast cell worse.....I actually had worse flushing and alot of sweating on it but I wonder if it could have been more of a filler issue....I would like to give it a go again sometime since the chromolyn sodium and I are not getting along well either :( hope you have better luck with the Quercetin :)

Bren

Hey Katybug :) .....I am having a love hate relationship with it like I do the Florinef :( unfortunately no matter what dose I take it causes really bad cramping and headaches....I suspect it is because it gets the little buggers even more worked up! I have tried it off an on a couple times now with the same results unfortunately :( its a great drug for some people but I guess it just doesn't like me ;) have you tried it yet?

Bren

No I haven't tried it. I was receiving Xolair shots (a biologic drug that is a mast cell stabilizer given to asthmatics who don't respond to standard asthma treatments) as an off label use as I'm not asthmatic. In mid-December I had to stop them because a forced change in insurance. The new insurance won't cover them and they're $1500/month. For the last 4-5 weeks I've been going downhill fast and we're assuming it's that the Xolair is finally out of my system. So we're fighting to get me back on the Xolair but I'm going to talk to my immunologist tomorrow about trying quercetin or cromolyn sodium as alternatives if our appeal with the insurance doesn't work.

I'm sorry you're having bad side effects. This syndrome is so hard to manage.....its like being allergic to being allergic. Ugh!