Preparing For Tilt Table Test

cantankarex

This is my first time posting - I have EDS Hypermobility Type and have been having a lot of dysautonomia issues lately, so my doctor is sending me for a tilt table test next Tuesday. They told me I can't eat or drink after midnight the night before my test, but neither my doctor nor the cardiologist mentioned stopping my beta blockers before the test. From my own research, it seems like I need to (and I've emailed my doctor to see what he says) and I was just wondering if anyone had to stop certain medicines before a tilt table test. Thanks!

Hi cantankarex! You'll have to check with your doc to be sure, but when I was on beta blockers I had to stop them before the test. I also had to stop my midrodrine. More than likely have to stop any meds that could affect your bp/hr results during the test. However, your doctor should let you know the specific time frame.

Good luck! I hope you get some answers!!

Make sure they allow you to lay flat a few minutes after you get on the table and prior to tilting you!

At my first TTT, they were tilting me within 2 minutes of me getting on the table. That's not long enough for my heart rate to have gotten back to baseline, especially when I'm in a medical setting and nervous.