Does Anyone See An Endocrinologist?

Bigskyfam

As a matter of fact!...

One of the last times I ended up in the ER, the doc found my thyroid levels were off and referred me to an endocrinologist.

By the time I saw the endocrinologist, my thyroid levels were "fine," but my DHEA levels were off.

I haven't made my appt. to follow up yet, but I plan on it because I'm hoping to find an answer to the embarrassing amount of facial hair I have.

Both the endocrinologist I saw and the cardiologist noticed and remarked on my "hirsutism."

I know that's just comestic, but if something's off, it could be contributing to other symptoms.

My regular doc checked for PCOS, and said I didn't have it, and just left it at that.

Bigsky,

I haven't, but I know there was talk in the past about at least one member that had a reproductive endocrinologist that helped her feel somewhat better. It wasn't a cure for her POTS but I know they helped her to not have so many ups and downs. I know reproductive endocrinology is pretty specialized but it might be worth a shot for you if you can find one.

I have been working with my GP and Endocrinologist to determine why I have had sudden weight gain. I am hyper not hypo, so I am not taking Florinef. I am taking Atenolol, Zoloft, and Klonopin. I have always been thin, so it is really strange. I eat a plant based diet, and exercise. My fatigue has been getting worse since the first of the year, which makes me think that something is brewing. My free cortisol level has been 31, 56, and then 27. I am going back in a couple of months to retest to see if I have Cushing's Syndrome/Disease.

I did notice the weight gain started after I started taking Lexapro. I asked that I switch to Zoloft. The weight gain has stopped but I can't lose the 35lbs I had already gained.

Seeing an Endocrinologist doesn't hurt.

• 8 years later...

I am 69 years old and have a benign mass in my right adrenal gland and am so tired all the time among other things. So they did a cortisol blood test which is minus one and a DHEA blood test which turned out normal at 56. Does this mean I am okay because the dhea test turned out ok?Does anyone know what this means as my Dr is out of town