Upper Left Arm Pain?

khaarina

I have had this nagging pain in my upper left arm off and on since the day I got sick 3 years ago. It is a sharp throbbing pain and it feels deep like in the muscle or bone. It worries me because my doctors don't know what it is. They even did an x-ray once but it showed nothing. Sometimes I think maybe it is nerve damage due to a birth control shot I got every few months 14 years ago, but the pain comes with POTS symptoms so maybe it is heart related. Does anyone else get this? If so, do you know what causes it?

Yeah I get it; it's one of the things that landed me in hospital a few times with heart fears. But one of the times my hand actually turned freezing and blotchy, so there was some significant inflammation there. I realised my pain seemed to be from serious compression and knots in the shoulder region; for some reason the area seemed to become very tense when I wasn't feeling well. If I managed to relax it at all, it would crack *very* badly in comparison to the other side. People with anxiety and depression often have left arm pain as well; it seems to be a region that becomes sore when there are a lot of stress hormones in the body, which there always are with POTS. I mean I can't 100% guarantee it isn't cardiac (for either of us), but there are other possibilities.