Weather Changes Things?

JuneFlower

So my daughter was having every symptom in the book. We went away to someplace hot and humid. She had almost no problems. Today she has a stomach ache after a big dinner and nausea a bit. But for a whole week she's been back to her old self. We live in the northeast where we currently have a foot and a half of snow. Has anyone experienced this change?

June

I'm worse every time the barometric pressure changes (low pressure being worse than high pressure). I live in the mid-Atlantic so that happens every few days or so. It stinks. I went to visit my dad in rural central Florida in October and you could barely tell their was anything wrong with me. I was back to sick within 24 hours of being home. I think some of it has to do with the difference in air quality as well as I also have mcas. I didn't realize how much the air pollution here at home affects me.

I've also been wondering if the weather effects me. I live in the UK, I usually feel okish in the summer, But feel lousy in the winter. My vitamin D levels are not too bad, so it doesn't seem to be that that is causing the difference. I've started to wonder if it is weather related. I have been feeling worse this winter than ever before, and we have had low pressure day after day, it is the rainiest, stormiest winter in my lifetime. Last year we went to Morocco at Easter and I was fine, the lightheaded ness lifted, but as soon as we came back the lightheadness returned, and finally lifted by May/June..

I'm quite the opposite! I had a horrible time this past summer (that was when my POTS really started becoming a problem), and have been able to be somewhat "normal" now that it's cooler outside. But anytime it's too hot inside, the barometric pressure is shifting, or we're about to get rain, I start being even more symptomatic.

I'm interested in this idea, too. I also live in the northeast, buried under close to 2 feet of snow now. Since I have some Raynaud's issues, the intense cold is trying. I also have allergies so the weather seems to mess with that, too.

This discussion has come up before and many members have related symptom increases depending on weather changes. Here is one thread on it.

http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/14802-linking-barometric-pressure-and-how-we-feel/

If you do a search on this site you'll likely find others as well.

It's been well documented that weather changes affect migraine sufferers and I just saw an article yesterday about weather changes increasing a person's chance of having a stroke. Since both those phenomena relate to the vasculature it might not be a stretch to assume our illness would also be affected by weather changes.

Allergies can mess with POTS as well, perhaps thru aggravating the immune response.

Thanks Chaos, I'll check out your link. They keep changing the cause of migraines. They now think it has to do purely with the neurotransmitters and not the blood vessels. But whatever it is, I definitely get a migraine when the barometric pressure drops and I also got one when I flew in 3 planes yesterday. Interesting about the stroke…Hmm.

June