Chilblains Anyone?

Hello, everyone! I was wondering if anyone here had experience with chilblains- though in all honesty most of me hopes you don't! I've been having troubles with my toes the past little while. I thought at first that I might have athlete's foot, though it struck me as odd that I didn't have scaliness or peeling really. It didn't quite look right for AF, but since my toes were red, insanely itchy, and swollen, I figured that was it. Now I'm thinking they're actually chilblains. I can see red bumps on them, almost like blisters. Most of what I read said that people with slightly bad circulation (that would be me) can be more prone. I've noticed that my feet are always cold, and I was thinking this was probably the cause of my chilblains. Does anyone else experience this??? Is it common(ish) with POTS? Any tips on relief from the itching till they go away??? I'm still treating myself for athlete's foot (essential oils and coconut oil mostly) just in case, but I really think it's chilblains.

Hi. Since the neuropathy started in 2007, I have noticed that my toes get very sore especially the two big toes. They are red, swollen, lumpy, skin peels and I seem to have more problems with toenails in-growing. My toes get more sore when by bowel is troubled, I have to cut my toenails regularly and check my feet a lot as I have had a tendency to get so sore around the toenails and even gets pus there which isn't nice. The skin also peels off my toes a lot. If I walk a little too far in hot weather I get really red and swollen feet with lots of visible fatty lumps showing. Very odd!

I keep feet very clean and dry well after a bath or shower. I massage y feet daily to help with the circulation. Yes my feet have been cold for 30 years and my soles get purple-red and my big toes go purple-black when it's very cold. I make sure my feet are well covered in thermal socks in the cold weather.

Yeah, I just recently had my first experience with these on my fingers, after a particularly cold day (around 9F), when I stupidly went out without gloves. Blisters around the tips of my ring and pinky fingers of my right hand, with my fingers being red and swollen. It's taken a few weeks for them to go away - they're still a bit swollen at the joints and a bit tender where the blisters were. I really hope they won't become a recurrent thing.

My doctor did recommend that I put steroid cream on the blisters. That did help a bit, I think.

Yes I started getting them a few years ago too. It is worse when I'm on beta blockers. I wear socks and slippers at all times while awake and they have finally healed. If you have an outbreak of them right now, then it will actually hurt at first doing this because of the extra warmth. However once it starts to heal, the socks and slippers will feel good. The foot that gets them still looks more red than the other, but it's no longer swollen or painful. I also have to watch how warm I make my bath water too. If I stick a freezing cold foot into warm bath water that still causes problems with chillbains too. I used to warm my cold feet next to a heater and that's what made me get them.