Feel Sick From Water

leydengs

Okay so I had some blood work done and it showed elevated muscle enzymes, elevated liver enzymes and 1 kidney functioning abnormally so I'm supposed to rest and drinking water and repeat the blood work in a week but when I drink water I feel sick. I feel like my body temp plummets, I have to wear gloves, blanks and a jacket and I'm still freezing, my joints hurt like crazy (hands, feet, middle-to-low back and neck), I get headaches, stomach is bloated and feels queasy and I get really tired. This was all after drinking almost a full glass of water. If i drink soda or something like that I have no reaction this only happens with water, I feel awful. Does anyone else have this problem? I think my doctor thinks I'm crazy. I had this reaction to water well before this blood work. The doctor is testing me for MS because of numbness in my left leg and my right leg keeps getting weak and giving out (I workout a lot so this is not due to weakness or inactivity). I've had the worst fatigue of my life this last couple months so those are the main reasons that I went to the doctor to begin with. It took me 15 years to get diagnosed with POTS so I am not a fan of going to the doctor!! Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Water sometimes makes me really nauseated. I can't drink it cold....it has to be just barely cool with no ice. I also have a friend with stomach issues that has this issue too and she has to warm the water and adds a little lemon wedge and honey.....almost like tea but without the tea. If this doesn't help, you might call your doc and see what they feel are good alternatives to get you hydrated.

I'm the same way. I can't tolerate any kind of water or juice. I have decaff coffee in the morning and sip soda the rest of the day. I thought the carbonation had something to do with it but carbonated water makes me feel horrible. I know it's bad to have soda as the only form of hydration. The caffeine gives me a little boost but I have symptoms if I have too much. I get the 24 oz bottles and one will last me about 3 days. Oh and it has to be cherry pepsi. The other kinds make me nauseous. I haven't found an alternative I can tolerate yet.