something to make us all think...

Even those of us who feel really rotten now, like I do (I knew I would pay for my weekend in Scotland eventually!)...at least we are alive.

I just found out that a girl in the year below me at University with epilepsy fell awkwardly, hit her head, and died. She wasn't found til the next morning when a friend came to find out why she was absent from class.

she was only 21. Her parents are devastated. I feel so lucky- the worst injury I've sustained when falling is some wounded pride and a broken foot. How trivial and insignificant.

Poor girl- what a shock for everyone. She was the life and soul of the party, they say.

It certainly makes you get things into perspective when something like this happens. none of us know what's infront of us, but atleast we know that POTS won't kill us.

It turned out that one of my closest friends at St andrews was at school with this girl, and went to the funeral. But she didn't tell me about it because she didn't want to upset me while I was there, because she thought it would put a downer on my weekend. how guilty do I feel now?

The point of my post was just that we should all remember how lucky we are- I know it doesn't feel like that, when you're POTSy etc, but it's true--we're a lot better off than some people. :(

Live each day as if it's your last- one day it will be.

Hi Persephone;

What a tragedy!! Sorry to hear that happened. You are so right! There is so much we have to be thankful for. And yes, what we have here won't kill us.

My Mother had epilepsy from a head trauma due to a car accident when she was young. She then died at the age of 39 from cancer. I was only 8 years old. Sometimes I wonder if I worry to much about my own death since I am now 39. I get so panicky and get stressed out with every little twinge and pain. I know I shouldn't worry because I don't have cancer. When she died I thought that 39 was old until I turned it myself. I have so much to be thankful for that I am not ready to go anywhere yet. That in itself can add so much undue stress to an already sensitive nervous system. I may be the only woman around that has ever looked forward to 40.

Life is extremely precious!!! With reading everyone's posts here I have found that we all aren't ready to go anywhere yet. We are always searching for ways to feel better and to stay alive.

I feel like I complain alot about my health when there is so much worse out there. Hearing stories like this really does put things into a different perspective. Thanks for sharing!! Take care!

KathyP :(