Pressure Headaches

Chuske

Hi I'm new here and hope to introduce myself properly soon, I'm waiting for tilt-table est to confirm my physican's diagnosis of POTS.

Recently I've been getting feeling of pressure in my head (pressure headache) when standing and in the evening. Is this or could it be a POTS thing?

Welcome to the forum. The type of headache you are describing could be a symptom for you. POTS has so many symptoms and affects everyone different. Sounds like you are seeing a doctor and will get some test results soon. Wishing you the best.

Rachel

I have pressure head pain every day. It began only when standing....it is still worse when standing..sometimes it is a pressure with mild pain, other times it is quite painful. Haven'tfound a solution yet, I also have migraines. I think others have mentioned the head pressure. Hope you figure something out that works for you!

So wierd my headaches/migraines are kicking in while laying down, the opposite of what the above experience! I have been afraid to lay down completely horizontal since Monday as I have recurring headaches (with other symptoms kicking in at same time) I assumed that these headaches that occur with changes in position are related to Sinus Tachycardia? That is, when our heart rate is out of sync with the rate of blood flow through our body, strange sensations/pressure occurs at different points. I often "feel" this pressure acutely in particular points, almost like I am having a migraine in my: throat, back, shoulder blades, etc.

What do you take for these headaches? Is there anything that helps? I know I have to stay miles away from: beer (an occasional indulgence in small quantiites during better times). And I know that daily stretching helps. I have been drinking coffee to keep these headaches at bay all week; it does the job I am assuming b/c it shrinks vessels in my brain? My poor brain.