Relapse.....need Input And Ideas?? Please!

brethor9

Hey everyone.....looking for any suggestions or ideas to help me out of this severe flare/relapse I am in;

I am literally falling apart and have become bedridden in the last couple weeks....it all started with swelling in my thighs and then pelvic pain....I ended being rushed to ER because of breathing issues etc...they did CT scan and blood work....everything was normal the only thing in question that was low was arterial gases....I now have a chronic cough out of nowhere and experience this feeling of being drugged...I assume from low oxygen in my blood..I can barely walk my legs are so shaky..I really haven't felt this horribly sick in a long time and it has come on so sudden.....I lay awake at night scared to go to sleep because of the oxygen issues and when I do I am jolted awake by tachycardia..this isn't my normal ...what the heck is happening to me?? all of my doctors are at a loss ....... I am not taking nay new meds and haven't changed anything I can think of recently :(

Bren

I am so sorry you are feeling this way! I am new to this so I don't have any suggestions but I think I would call my doctor that is following my Dysautonomia right away. Even though your meds haven't changed, there may be a new side effect cropping up? God Bless.

Have you had a cardiac workup? Since I've been short of breath lately, too, my ANS doctor wanted to see if I had any heart blockage. I'm scheduled for an appointment next Wednesday. It's scary not being able to breath...I certainly can relate to what you are going through there. Is your beta blocker cardioselective? If not it could cause shortness of breath, but I don't like the sound of a low blood gas. I would definitely check with your doctor. I'll say a prayer for you...

I had a chronic cough for several months. The doctor said it sounded like pneumonia when listening to my breathing, but an X-ray ruled that out. Then they thought it was allergy related. During routine blood work they found I was Vitamin D deficient, and after starting vitamin D supplement the cough went away entirely and my breathing is back to normal. Have you had vitamin D checked recently?

• 2 weeks later...

Take it steady and see a doctor if you can and see if you can get checked out again and your meds reviewed.. Are you drinking enough and keeping your circulation going? Have you been extra stressed recently? I ask as my symptoms get worse when I am stressed. I'm working on my breathing now as I know I'm not getting enough air into my lungs.

All the best and try and not worry

TCP