Oh Help....

Help.... as I posted earlier, I am doing awful low BP really high HR when up... and I have to leave in an hour for a very important doctors appointment... AND I am really naueated!!! I just got phenegran from my primary last night, but haven't taken it yet to know how it works. Should I take it now? Should I wait and take a barf pan with me? Should I try a 1/2 pill???

Any advice will be appreciated.

~Roselover

ooh... tough call. This is your first appt with the neuro? You might want to hold off (if you can) from taking it so it doesn't interfere with his initial assessment. You haven't taken it before and don't know if it will change up your symptoms. It is likely best to have him see you "at your worse" so he gets the full picture of how things are for you. Are you able to lay down and rest for the next while before you have to leave? Tough position to be in! Not to say that you can't or shouldn't take your med... just that it might be more ideal to wait till after you are seen by him if possible. Boy, I'm not much help! :( Sorry your experiencing this, Roselover! Laura

Thank you Morgan - you're right, I should have asked, what would you do... it's what I meant. I'm not thinking too well right now.

OK - so I have a cup of ginger tea and made two more to put in my water bottle with ice. You are both right - I have to be alert for this appointment!!! (BUT I hate throwing up!!! With a passion! I threw up all nine months for each of my three pregrancies... I hate it!) If I'm still sick when I get home, I'll give the med a try, but not before.

I have put so much into preparing for this appointment. I think I just started to panic this morning. Thank you for your advice and support!

Roselover

I personally would take it but everyone reacts differently. I take 1/2 pill and I don't get tired at all. But this appointment is very important so take it with you and pop it in first thing after your appointment. You want to be alert to hear what the doctor has to say.

Dayna

If it's not too late to throw my 2 cents in ... I think you hit the nail on the head when you said the panic hit this morning ... you also said that you have a lot riding on this appointment. To be honest, that would throw ANYONE into a tizzy and set off an upset tummy. Try to breathe, try to relax, try to distract yourself as best you can with other thoughts. Sing a song in your mind, watch tv, read, sit down and slice a vegetable into tiny pieces ... focus on something else!

I also recommend making sure you eat a little something easy, like a banana, some applesauce, an egg. Don't go to your appointment on an empty stomach simply because you're afraid of throwing up. I find I'm more nauseated on an empty stomach than I am when I have a little nutrition in there. You'll get through this! Promise!

Tell us how it goes,

merrill

Thank you all so very much for your support. EM... you made me laugh!!! I didn't barf on the doctor, but I think she could tell that it was a close call!

I ended up not taking the phenergan and I am glad I didn't. The ginger tea helpeda lot and I think Merill was right - I was so stressed about this appointment it may have encouraged the nausea. I tend to be such an even keal type gal - not easily upset, so it's almost hard to recognize when I am stressing.

My neurologist told me that she would rather I didn't take the phenergan because it can actually cause some autonomic problems. So as many of you have tried, she suggested Zofran and gave me a new prescription.

AND... she is very willing to help me get into Mayo! We'll be working on that in the next week or so. She also suggested looking into a doctor at Beth Isreal - connected with Harvard because she worked under him. So we're looking into that option too.

Thank you all for your loving support.

~Roselover