My foot slipped

Well, some of you might have noticed I had been posting a lot in the past week. That's because I've felt a little better and even had lifted my chin out of the hole. But my foot slipped yesterday. I've hit bottom... again. Hardly have the energy to write this.

I think I would be in total despair if it wasn't for all of you sharing your ups and downs. So, I'll hold to the hope that I will see light again.

I see a neurologist today that may help me get into Mayo for evaluation. Don't know how I will even get dressed, but this is a big deal for me so I've got to find a way. Oh - and my primary finally agreed to give a prescription for saline IV - Horray! I'll get it tomorrow or Friday... maybe it'll help with the fall....

~Roselover

Roselover

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. It seems so unfair that any of us have to go through this. Good luck with your appointment and hope you get the help you need for recovery soon.

I have to tell you it was such a boost to see and post that lovely photo of you and your daughter at DisneyWorld, looking so happy--and also of your pretty garden, yesterday, on the DINET photo site.

Take care,

Katherine

Roselover, Sorry your having a rough time... I hope you make it ok to your appointment! It would be great if you can get seen by Mayo! I also wanted to thank you for the beautiful picture from your garden. We just had snow yesterday, so it was nice to think of you enjoying your flowers (when you are able!) Poppies are my all time favorite! Hope you feel better! Laura

Sorry Roselover, hope things look up for you soon. No pun intended. I was just beginning to peek my head out and my chubs the hub got really sick, and my dog is in the hospital. He is a little better, but my baby isn't faring quite as well. So down I go. I'm starting to get scared to try and peek over the edge, because everytime I do a disaster happens. :( Really glad about your IV's. I got one last week and what a difference it made. Good luck at your appt. morgan

Guest Julia59

Roselover,

I'm praying that you can get into Mayo for a full evaluation. I would like to see you come out of that hole----in the mean time I will keep you company. How about a little Ice Cream while we wait to get out of there?

I'm off to check out your photo's now----someday i'll get mine sent in.

Julie :0)

Julia,

I'd like some Tillamook German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream please... or anything chocolate!

I get my IV fluids tomorrow at noon. I sure hope it makes a difference. My hubby is very worried about me. I hate worrying my family and interferring with their plans. But I am glad they all love me so much.

Thank you too, to all of you for being my sympathetic friends. I let the tears flow when I posted, knowin you would all care... and you did. Thank you!

~Roselover

Oh dear. I hope you're able to rest down there and gain your energy for your return to the surface. Be good to yourself.

Nina

Thanks again for all of your concern. The nausea finally subsided and then a migraine set in last night... ugh... Is there anything you can take for migraines when you're on florinef? I ususally take Excedrin, but I think you'r not supposed to take the NSAID's.

I still feel really crapy this morning, but I am going to get my first (non-emergency) IV saline treatment in a few hours. I hope it helps. For those of you who have also done this, how much do you usually get? My doctor didn't know so wrote the prescription "as needed". I thought I'd take my BP monitor with me and see what my BP and HR do after the first liter.

As I fell asleep last night, I prayed for you all and thanked God for allowing me to find this forum. It is such a blessing. The encouragemnt, information, support and community I get from all of you is priceless. Thank you.

If I don't post for a few days, it's cause I'm eating my ice cream at the bottom of the hole with Julie. But I know I will surface again.

Love you all,

Roselover

I always take as much IV fluids as they will give me! I can't use my bp to judge if I have had enough because the stimulation/adrenaline I get when I am in the doctors/ER always causes it to look high. Away from the stimulation my bp may drop up to 50 points. I can usually tell that I have had enough fluids when I need to pee every few minutes!! good luck to you and I hope the fluids help. I have always found it to have a positive effect for me.