Anyone Not On Meds?

Bigskyfam

I've only had to take meds hit or miss lately. I think the midodrine and beta blocker were contributing to my fatigue. I'm in the north so the cold weather, low allergy levels at this time of year, and putting on compression stockings before my feet hit the floor have all greatly improved my symptoms. I have a plan for the spring with Claritin, compression hose and a cooling vest. I don't think I will feel as good as I do now, but I hope to be better than this past spring/summer with these changes. And I extremely limit my eggs and peanut butter as I figured out these were triggers to my BP drop also.

I tried florinef for about 2 months and it did help alot. My BP actually would be over 110. But I gained weight and decided I didn't want to band aid problem anymore. Symptoms got better with exercise and starting GF diet (found out I have celiac). Relapsed so decided to try midodrine. Didn't like the way it made me feel so stopped after 2 days. That was over thanksgiving. Been on no meds and have good and bad days on weekly basis. Still have heart palps and low BP but quality of life not hindered. So far- I am happy with my choice.

I have florinef here. Scared to start it after the beta blocker incident. I hear the side effects are headache, swelling and cycle irregularities. I'm thinking that ocp might help blood volume and cycle irregularities. In the past month my symptoms have been the moat frustrating for that 7-10 days. Just wish I had a doc that could lead by experience. I'm their first patient and don't have a subtype. Nice to hear from you Rama

• 4 weeks later...

Nope - meds are a part of my reality that help me function and enjoy a much better quality of life.

I am on iron, b2 and vitamin D and a small dose (10 mg a day) of nadalol. I had a priblem getting nadalol recently (no longer distributed as a 40 mg pill in my province) so I had to switch to proanolol 10 mg in am and 10 mg at dinner.

I had been feeling pretty good and functioning well (working full time, not much palpitations or head aches, fatigue under control) so had this thought that "maybe I don't need the nadalol anymore"

anyways, during my brief time on propanalol, starting to notice old symptoms creeping back. Fatigue, that feeling of shaking inside, nighttime tachycardia, tachy after lunch, headcahes, visual vertigo .

luckily I was able to score some 40 mg nadalol from neighbouring province (1hour drive), I am feeling back on track and this episode made me view my meds in a positive manner - in that they allow me to function and enjoy life much more with less symptoms.

my 2 cents -or 10 mg :)

Thanks for your posts! It means a lot to hear about symptoms off and on meds. I'm up to 2 days a week at work. I can relate to the symptoms at work. Off and on worsening and clearing of symptoms. I'm not on meds currently but wonder if I'm doing something right when I have those good hours or is it just the straightaway on the pots Rollercoaster

• 2 weeks later...