can a doc really refuse to treat?

my doc has informed me that he no longer wishes to treat my bouts of nausea with compazine. when i asked why, he said i was just making an excuse to get the compazine.

i only ask for 10 pils every 4 to 12 weeks, does that sound like i'm addicted to it :ph34r::angry: i just get so pissed off. i have tried about 15 pills(and supositories) with either no help or nasty side-effects(as in more nausea and vomiting to rashes and hallucinations(sp?), not to mention the dizziness and balance trouble)

am i cursed with going to the er and being "the human picushion" as the poke and blow out my viens? and then only to hear the nurses and docs talk about the "nut behind the curtain". even witht he ringing in my ears i have excellent hearing and have even said in a loud voice that i can hear them.

:angry::ph34r::wacko:

black-in the deep dark hole taking 1 step forward and 10 steps back-wolf

sorry i just get so #*^*! angry at them, i only hope that the new doc i see the 1st of June can and will help.

dear steph and morgan, his reply was that i should be seen and treated more aggressively for these bouts of nausea. i have seen two gi doc that believe i am doing pretty well and the compazine is all i need.

just a note about this doc, after nearly 4 years of being seen by me, he still thinks(and this is with the dx from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester) that i am just a "nut case" and am seeking attention. of course, he also believes that once i lose the weight i need to, all my problems will just go away. :wacko::ph34r:

i am going to go see a new internal med doc, a very nice lady, from what i hear, that does have some experance with dysautonomia. she currently has 5-6 patients with msa and one with a dx of just dysautonomia so i'm hoping that she will be on the ball and just what i need right now.

i guess that i'm also depressed that i have hit a big hole just as things had started to get stabilized and now i'm sliding down again.

one good note, the ativan my counselor has perscribed is helping me sleep, and that is all i'm using it for.

one more trip to pt tomorrow and then back to my pain doc. the TENS unit has really helped, everything but my neck is doing better and i might just go ahead and get my mri of my neck and mid back just to see how things are in there. one thing that has been suggested is going in a taking the tips off the ribs that are pinching some nerves, some thing to think about i guess. :ph34r:

thank you all for letting me rant and rave, things have just kind of sucked lately.

:angry::angry:

blackwolf

Hi Blackwolf!

I'm angry along with you. At least I've been blessed with a primary who's humble enough to put himself in my shoes. I wish you a lot of peace of mind from the new doc. When doctors respond with the psycho stuff it's only because they don't know something and are too full of themselves or too lazy too find out about something new. I know you know that, but it's alsways nice to hear it again.

Ariella

thanks everyone, things went a little better today, i'm just so tired, and cold. high here today of 50 after almost 2 weeks of 70's. wet too, over an inch in tow days and they say it might rain off and on till friday, whoo-hoo :rolleyes:

the 1st of June seems so far away, yet i know things can't get much worse and i can "only go up from here" :angry:

again thanks everyone,

black-sitting still and waiting-wolf

I hope you can find a new doctor. No one with a verified diagnosis from a very reputable source deserves to be treated that way. Heck, even a bonafide nutcase doesen't deserve to have treatment for a real symptom witheld based on a subjective decision. Horrible. Really.

Please think about finding someone who will believe you and treat you humanely.

Nina

Hi Blackwolf,

I am sorry that your doctor is giving so much trouble. I would have tought that he would be happy that you have finally found a medication that works for you. Maybe your GI doc could prescribe it to you!

Hope it goes well with your new doctor.

Ernie

dear ernie, nina and morgan(and everyone else)

a followup with one gi doc would be possible about the middle of june, but i'm keeping the appointment just in case. i'm putting my hopes on my new internal med doc, see her june 1st. talked for a few minutes with the parish nurse that "hosts" the MSA support group(we are thinking of calling it a dysautonomia support group now, 5 with MSA, me-POTS, and one with just dysautonomia) and she has meet her before and even offered to go with if i want her to. i have printed a lot of info off of here and ndrf site also. i will be dropping it off in the morning with my other paperwork. it looks like a case file from heck, if you know what i mean. :P i did speak with her very briefly just to tell her my dx and what was happening, she said she would like to try to help me. if this doesn't work, i'm going to try Dr. Grubb's, the pastor at my church says they will get money from the ELCA to get me there and a place to stay and even try to find someone to drive me around, he will be my last hope as i would have to FLY THERE...ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

o boy, spasms :o got to go

thank you every one and cyber hugs for your support

black-going to be sick :ph34r: -wolf

Hi Blackwolf,

I'm having severe brain fog, so I couldn't read all the answers and I didn't understand everything but I noticed you're in trouble. I'm very sorry for that. I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you (I don't have anything else to do, so thinking of you all keeps me busy :ph34r: ). I have an appointment on June first as well with my new dysautonomia doc. We can wait together. Try to keep up your head! Nina and I will be flying around next week to get everyone out of the hole, be prepared :blink:

Corina

Hi Blackwolf

Sorry to hear about the way you are being treated. I am actually happy this doctor has stopped treating you. You don?t deserve this treatment and need to find a REAL doctor. Good luck with your appointment with the new doctor. I hope she is everything you hope for. One of the problems of pots is the abuse we get from doctors. It seems to be worldwide. Sad but true.

Thinking of you. :ph34r: