Who Manufactures Your Midodrine?

Hope

Who manufactures your midodrine? Global has been my manufacturer, now I have a new bottle and it has a new manufacturer listed and the pills are thinner. Of course any change in my pills makes me nervous being that there are recalls ALL the time, so I may feel a little better if I hear of somebody else taking them from the new manufacturer without a problem.

Visit us http://mykitchen-4all.blogspot.com/

Mylan makes mine although at one time I had another brand (can't remember which, sorry) but the pills were considerably smaller and came in various colors depending on the dose. They actually seemed to be more potent than the ones I usually take. Made me wonder if they just had less fillers in them?

I never look to see if the manufacturer has changed, but I will from now on. That's something worth knowing, sensitivities or not.

My Midodrine pills (10mg) are made by Upsher-Smith. They are purple, have a break line in the middle, and dissolve pretty quickly. They've always been this shape, consistency, and color, so I'm assuming I've never had a different manufacturer, but who knows.

If anyone is having trouble figuring out who makes theirs by looking at their prescription bottle, on my label, there were the letters "MFG" followed by an abbreviation "UPSH-S". I typed the abbreviation followed by "drug manufacturer" into Google and got the name.

Thanks guys/gals. My new ones are by EON. Never heard of them. Still haven't taken them as I still have some of my other bottle left. I am trying to keep my bp up other ways, but I know there are certain triggers that I cannot control so I will need them of course. I keep thinking of trying something else altogether anyway since I feel they keep me in a yo-yo pattern with my beta blocker. I would like to treat the dysfunctioning autonomic nervous system, instead of just the constant balancing act of the OI and Tachy. That's probably my fault though as I keep denying trying any new anti-anxiety drugs that are suppose to help regulate it. I have tried a few with side effects I cannot get used to, so I'm gun shy of trying any more.

While you still have some of what you know is safe Midodrine, could you break both Midodrine pills into fourths or even eighths, and just take an eighth or a fourth of the new Midodrine and then 7/8 or 3/4 of the old Midodrine? You could screen for a reaction and, if you do, maybe it won't be as major as it would be with a full pill.

Thanks Jackie, that's a good idea.

Jesse, They don't have drug recalls on midodrine specifically. I was talking general drug recalls, and yes they do have them constantly. You can sign up at Drugs.com to have them send you email updates on recalled drugs. It gives me a little piece of mind with everything my family takes. :)