Has Anyone Tried Dr. Sears P.a.c.e. Program?

Justin-in-MI

Justin,

Just thought i'd let you know I've never heard of that program. What I read online seems like he starts by talking about deconditioning and not pushing yourself too far too fast if you want to get to the end goal?

Anyway, I have had experience with a doctor who specializes in Exercise Medicine and Physiology at the Mayo Clinic in MN, Dr. Mike Joyner. He's great.

Sorry that I didn't have answers for you! Good luck :)

Honestly, skimming the page it looks like another person trying to push something on sick people that don't understand their own condition (not saying that's you). What bugs me is that it's well understood in 2013 that more than 50% of POTS cases are caused by destruction, yes destruction of autonomic nerves. Anything that doesn't actually work towards healing those nerves is not going to be curative. In most people that will get better, that will simply be time.

What I'm saying is that for most people with POTS it's not that the nervous system is "out of balance" - it's that you have actual nerve damage. So, you can try as much as you want to put it back 'in balance', and it may help as a coping mechanism - certainly building stronger muscles and decreasing your digestive system's load will help ease the symptoms - but will not cure the underlying nervous system disease that is actually causing the POTS.

I clicked through to the book and it is only $5, so at least not a ton of $. The part about eating certain foods makes me scratch my head, because I see posts about different diets that work for people on the forum that don't fit this description. Different strokes for different folks. No one program worked for me. I do know that when I overexercise/overdo, I get worse. The trick for me has been avoiding cardio, so walking with bursts of intensity would not have worked for me.