Surgery Affect On Dysautonomia

KareBear

Hi Jennifer, I'm not sure how my Bp was during the surgery but maybe because we are laying flat and getting lots of fluid (they give fluid before the surgery too) it may keep Bp stable enough. I did have a hard time waking afterwards and that was Bp related and felt horrible afterwards.

I hope your cyst goes away on its own and is nothing to worry about! They are very painful, I have had those too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hang in there!

Thank you :). I started having pain about 6 months ago and my last ultrasound was late Aug. I still have pain, so I assume it's still there. It measured 1.4 cm in Aug so not big. I just keep thinking they will want to take it out since it's complex and I worry about blood pressure. Mine is 80s/50s.

I will pray for you. Do you mind sharing your symptoms?

I think how surgery affects us can be different for different people. I did have earlier surgeries years ago that I did fine with and my symptoms did not get worse afterwards, they stayed the same. I wonder if because this surgery was major compared to others it could be why it affected me more. So, if you do have to have it removed you may do just fine. I always just made sure the anesthesiologist was aware of my POTS before the surgery.

My symptoms weren't that alarming which is why it spread so far before it was caught and I have been told this is common with ovarian cancer. I had pain and bloating mostly which worsened over time until the pain was quite severe. Also my menstrual cycles eventually became irregular which was abnormal for me. I had ovarian cysts before and knew the pain of those and this felt similar at first so thats why I wasn't concerned but over time the pain changed and I could tell it wasn't cyst related.

You are at a huge advantage that they are watching the complex cyst closely, that way if it is something they will take care of it early. I will pray its benign and you wont need surgery! Take care and let me know how it goes :)