Lightheadedness

lfreem02

Has anyone noticed that there seems to be different types of lightheadedness? I have too much adrenaline being produced due to my ANS disorder. So, my blood pressure and heart rate go up without medication. I have experienced the type of lightheadedness that happens from getting up too quickly and blood pressure dropping, but I have had this other type of lightheadedness that seems to be caused by an issue with my brain and/or nervous system.

I had an EEG done last year that showed activity in the left side of my brain during the strobe light part of the test, and experienced the scary lightheaded feeling that made me stop driving for about 10 months last year. I also noticed that after I started driving again I had the same response to sunlight reflecting off of cars. My doctor put me on a low dose of Klonopin a year ago, and I didn’t realize how much it was helping me.

About a week ago I ran out of pills, and the prescription needed to be refilled. I went about a week without taking it hoping I wouldn’t notice a difference. Instead, the feeling that my electrical system was being turned off hit me while driving, and I had to pull over twice on my way to work. It happened a couple of more times. I took the Klonopin last night, and I am better today, and noticed my brain fog hasn’t been as bad. I was really struggling focusing and processing without the medication. I am trying figure out what is going on. The neurologist who reviewed the EEG said that he didn’t think it was a type of seizure. I would have preferred a more definitive response.