Does Anyone Else Feel Worse When It Rains?

artluvr09

I have Dysautonomia. I do not fit any specific ones but here are my symptoms: can't stand still for a long period of time or I get lightheaded. I am really sensitive to heat. I get lightheaded a lot during the summer. If I stand up too fast I get dizzy. I cant turn my head and walk at the same time or I get dizzy. I get a seasick feeling in my head like I feel like im on a boat but im not. I feel disoriented everyday all day like a zombie like im in a dream and can't wake up. I have a lot of anxiety everyday too.

Now for my question: I am really sensitive to air pressure change. One time when I was 11 people came to our home to put in new windows. They used the weatherization fan that they put in the doorway and seal it up so no air can escape then they suck the air out of the hosue to make sure the windows are intact and as soon as they were done I passed out and got blue specks all over my body. I went to the hospital and nothing was wrong with me.

Whenever it storms or before it rains or when it rains I get really lightheaded and just feel even more disoriented. It's been raining all day here in PA and I think the air pressure is high or something because I've been lightheaded and really disoriented and anxious. has anyone else experienced sensitivity to air pressure change with dysautonomia? I am also very sensitive to lights. I even wear sunglasses in the house.

Oh yes indeed! Anytime the barometric pressure shifts drastically one direction or the other it affects me bad! Can feel like my brain is being squeezed from the inside.

My kids always refer to it as my "hackles" because I always "know" when a storm is about to turn nasty LOL but any shift affects me to some degree.

Sometimes they are terrible but they can affect me the other way as well and make me feel really good. I guess it's just easier to overlook the good ones.

I have only ever heard of those house fan things before and they honestly sound like something out of a horror story.... I can only imagine what they would do to me....

Yes, this has been discussed on here before and many of us have found that we are sensitive to changes in barometric pressure. Here is a link to one of the discussions. >

http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/14802-linking-barometric-pressure-and-how-we-feel/

Not sure why it deleted the link when it posted my response last time. Maybe this time it'll work.

There is some science behind why barometric pressure changes cause us problems but I'm too wiped out from the storm front moving thru today to explain it. :rolleyes:

I dread rainy and stormy days around the house. Tyler hurts more and his vocal tics are worse. Weather changes seem to effect many people on the forum. Be sue to check out the post above.

Rachel

I've actually noticed this once or twice myself recently. This summer where I live in the North of England we had a few heavy, sudden storms come in on otherwise very nice days and I'd feel very 'off' as the weather was changing, sort of an 'on edge', anxious kind of feeling with a bit of lightheadedness thrown in. Difficult to describe but very noticeable!

I did a search on here after my preliminary diagnosis and was glad to see it wasn't just me being weird :)