How Long Does Midodrine Work

andybonse

Hey,

Im going to be trying 2.5mg midodrine for my first drug! Quite excited to maybe get on my feet and feel better overall.

If I take 2.5mg midodrine and I feel great, how long would that feeling last, 3 hours?

I always wonder if you can split the pills and take them every so often to keep the flow of the drug in the body so you get the effect you need?

I think I read somewhere that it stays in your system about 4 hours, so it's ususally prescribed three times per day. My doc prescribed twice per day, but I usually forget to take the second dose.

I don't know that it helps me feel any better, but I haven't had any syncope spells since I started it, so that's a good thing.

I hope it helps you--good luck!!

Yeah, it lasts about 3 hours. You will know when it kicks in (tingling scalp, goosebumps) and you will probably be able to tell when it wears off. For me, Midodrine isn't enough to compete with my standing/sitting symptoms, but it helped me feel better in general and that means a lot to me. I started at 2.5mg 3/day, now I am taking 5mg as needed (usually 2-3/day) It gets my blood flowing and reduces my heart rate. It has significantly improved my quality of life, I hope it does for you as well. You may want to keep and eye on your heart rate at first. Midodrine can cause it to go down a lot when you first start taking it. Also be sure to avoid lying down while you are on it (or at least monitor your bp if you do lie down) because it can significantly increase your blood pressure while lying down. This didn't happen to me until I went up to 5mg, but it could potentially happen at any dose.

Im on midodrine and florinef and still waiting to see what they are 'supposed' to do to help. I cannot see any difference to be honest apart from lower BP when I am laying down which I thought was supposed to get higher?? I still have really bad tachy but my BP has risen slightly on standing but I still feel awful. I hope it works for you.