Heart Rate Only 96 But Still Feel Horrible

Akgirl

Hi everyone,

I try to stay away from my pulse moniters ect. Because I think it's probably more important how I feel than what my numbers are. But lately when I stand for anytime over a minute my blood pooling has been been really bad (my feet and legs turn purple with white and orange spots) and my chest hurts, I turn very pale, I get immediately sick....you guys no the drill ;) all the symptoms we get apon standing. But I was just surprised because yes my heart is going from 60 to start out. But Is it normal to be getting all these symptoms at only 96 bpm? I am raising it 36 beats in a minute or two and that's gotta be tough on your heart. But before my meds 90bpm was my normal!!! So is it just from deconditioning perhaps??

I'm not sure about the mechanics of it but your totally right on with the symptoms. It always seemed like I have less problems with feeling awful when my heart rate stays up vs being low and then jumping up from 60 to 90 quickly.

It may be deconditioning or just flat out shock because most of the time that's what it feels like to me.

I always compare my body to an old Ford engine LOL ya gotta give it some warning before ya just up and go or it's a gonna give ya problems LOL

When my heart rate is low like that I HAVE to take it slow getting upright or I will do exactly as you describe. And even then it's "iffy"

Lol! I love the old ford analogy!!!

It just seems so strange that literally I feel AWFUL when standing And my heart is only 96 or after a few minutes the highest it goes only is 115ish!!! So obviously my meds are working. I have had to be in my wheelchair a lot lately and fighting my migraines again. I was embarrassed of myself when I saw how low my numbers where!!! Am I just being a giant wimp or what??? Yeesh! I would have bet money my heart was at least 150 by how I was feeling!

The only other thing that comes to mind is something that hammers me at random times and I totally forget about. My blood sugar.

I stay borderline hypoglycemic with this crazy condition we have (not diagnosed but have a meter and know my numbers well) and for no reason whatsoever, my body decides it wants to prepare for a pie eating competition that never happened.

My sugar can plummet like a rock. And when it does my heart rate will be fairly decent but it feels like the old Ford is about to throw a rod LOL

Try testing your sugar? Or grab a snack, see if it helps any. I know low sugar is evil for my migraines so it may be worth a try at the very least.

Blood glucose monitor. You can get them at Walmart but they can be somewhat pricy. You have to have the monitor, test strips and the little finger sticky thing (ugh)

If you mention your concern to your doctor I'm sure you can get your sugar tested there but unless it's acting up it's hard to judge, or at least mine was/is. Although with the right doctor he may well prescribe a tester with no problem whatsoever.

Best to find a friend or relative who has one and let them check it for you if you can.

I have gotten mine tested recently and it came out totally normal!!!

I was reading up a bit on POTS and it is pretty clear about the 30 beat increase requirement. They said it was that OR over 120bpm. So I suspect it's just POTS! I tried standing to see how high it would go and I faint at around a 45-50bpm increase. Wich when you start out in the 60's bpm. It still does not go that high!!! I wonder if anyone else has low pulse and still has ferocious POTS.

When I jump from 70 to 130 or so it can take me down like a rock LOL splat...out cold.

I guess what gets to me the most is that there seems to be a dozen different reasons why we are affected, and they change from day to day. Sometimes hour to hour.

I'm still early enough in the game I do have some good stretches of time I can "forget" I'm sick with this. A few days here and there. Although they are not as often as they used to be. It just feels like a guessing game more often than not.

And just when you think you got it figured out, it changes. So if you can count on one thing with Dysautonomia it's this. You'll never be bored with how it affects you.