Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Hanice

Do You Think You Look Healthy?

Guest Hanice

Maybe people try telling you yoi dont looks sick so you wont worry about your appearance! Dont get mad at ppl for telling you you look good, get mad when they tell you you look like ****.

I was looking terribly sick for years, pale malnourished with a brainfog look in my eyes.But since I've been improving I appear very healthy except on my bad days then I'm very splotchy and its noticeable.

to most people i look normal...people who know me well will notice i look tired...my own mother likes to encourage me to "get a little color" so i've started wearing a lot more makeup. and TOTAL STRANGERS comment on how pale i look. i AM pale, but i am extremely fair-skinned to begin with thanks to my really English/German genes and the fact that my skin doesn't tan. since my POTS flared in summer 2012 i have barely had any exposure to the sun so i am especially pale. either way i get really irriated by people making comments about personal appearances. i'd never think to comment on someones physical traits unless it was to compliment them. still i get lots of "do you EVER go out in the sun?" and an old woman in a hair salon told me i look "almost translucent." in retrospect i wish i'd given her a snarky answers and made her uncomfortable about how i have an chronic health condition but i was so dumbstruck at being addressed by a stranger commenting on my complexion that i was speechless.

Guest Hanice

to most people i look normal...people who know me well will notice i look tired...my own mother likes to encourage me to "get a little color" so i've started wearing a lot more makeup. and TOTAL STRANGERS comment on how pale i look. i AM pale, but i am extremely fair-skinned to begin with thanks to my really English/German genes and the fact that my skin doesn't tan. since my POTS flared in summer 2012 i have barely had any exposure to the sun so i am especially pale. either way i get really irriated by people making comments about personal appearances. i'd never think to comment on someones physical traits unless it was to compliment them. still i get lots of "do you EVER go out in the sun?" and an old woman in a hair salon told me i look "almost translucent." in retrospect i wish i'd given her a snarky answers and made her uncomfortable about how i have an chronic health condition but i was so dumbstruck at being addressed by a stranger commenting on my complexion that i was speechless.

Translucent! Lol you made me lol!

I have naturally darker skin and I look "translucent" too. You can see the veins in most of my body. My two older daughters have more "solid" looking skin but my baby (8 yo) is blond, pale and "translucent". You can REALLY see all of her veins. I wonder if this is a POTS thing and if she will get it later in life.

I get the "but you look good" quite a bit, I pretty much just smile and ignore. When I look at myself, I see the fatigue, permanent dark circles, the glassy look in my eyes and know that I look sick. BUT, I look better than a few years ago when I was undiagnosed so that is a positive.

I can tell many differences in how I look, but I don't think it is noticeable except to those that really know me. Friends and family say I look tired and notice the dark circles under my eyes. I used to be able to get by with minimal makeup, but now feel I need a good amount to look semi-"normal".

When I was diagnosed a few months ago, I got a lot of comments how colorless my face looked. Now I have made some progress, and my face color seems to be flushed in the cheeks most of the time. Sometimes people at work will ask if I have a fever.

No one can tell how sick I am if they just met me or have only known me since I became very ill 2 years ago. But I lost 35% of my body weight and to me it's very noticeable. Sometimes I can look every pale when I am very unwell. But I get stares if I ride around in the motor carts in store, but I'm used to it by now

I know I look sick most of the time, most of the real world only sees me when I am together enough to be part of it... for me that means hair reasonably done, make up and dressed. I am volunteering tonight at my kiddos school, I'll be put together then... but right now... well, not so much.

Smoke and mirrors when I have the energy to do it!