Elevated Blood Pressure

gertie

Usually my BP is normal or low but occ like today I've been tired & sleepy but my BP is 165/85. Is there anything natural you can suggest that would help lower it? I haven't been able to take BP med because then it gets too low. Altho I feel tired I still feel anxiety for some reason. thanks.

This is what I would do. Lots of grapefruits (with brown sugar for taste) and orange juice. Try and relax. Lay down feet up. Make sure the air is at a cool setting. I wouldn't eat too much salt today. Avoid any stress. Good luck and keep posting updates. Oh and also a nice warm relaxing bath!

Basil lowers my BP - sometimes I get dizzy just from the smell. Also, I've read that some people get lower BP after a bath with Epsom salts. Deep breathing exercises might also help.

Alex

Peripheral blood pressure measurements aren't very helpful with pots because usually patients are still exhibiting signs of reduced brain blood flow and faulty thoratic and stomach vasoconstriction.

I would definitely avoid all hypotensive agents in dizzy pots unless you don't get dizzy.

current evidence suggest lightheadedness in pots is caused by faulty alpha 1 adrenoceptor vasoconstricton - either from selective neuropathy, reduced NE or an autoimmune process.

peripheral vasocobstriction may be compensatory - your body trying to help.

Peripheral blood pressure measurements aren't very helpful with pots because usually patients are still exhibiting signs of reduced brain blood flow and faulty thoratic and stomach vasoconstriction.

I would definitely avoid all hypotensive agents in dizzy pots unless you don't get dizzy.

current evidence suggest lightheadedness in pots is caused by faulty alpha 1 adrenoceptor vasoconstricton - either from selective neuropathy, reduced NE or an autoimmune process.

peripheral vasocobstriction may be compensatory - your body trying to help.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT ARTICLE IF YOU DON'T MIND. DO U KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND, RAMAKENTESH? I'm doing some research of my own right now due to unusual increase in my dizziness that's almost 24-7 now. Thank you for your time! :)

• 1 month later...