Eggs Are Not My Friend

Hope

I love eggs! I seem to do ok when they are added in to something that is baked (or maybe I'm kidding myself), but I've noticed time and time again that some hours or the next day after I've had a straight boiled egg, or scrambled egg etc. that my blood pressure is always about the lowest it goes. I've already removed gluten, most dairy, most corn, and white sugar from my diet. All for different reasons. I don't know how I'm going to remove eggs. I would like to remove them all together for a while just to see what happens, but I use them a lot in bread, coating meats, deep fry coating for veges, etc.

Anybody else have their blood pressure drop from eating eggs?

Hi Hope,

I was wondering if you could try using just the egg white in some of your recipes. Would this have the same effect on you?

Rachel

I started each morning for about 4 years straight with one to three eggs. I found out a year and a half ago I am intolerant to eggs. I didn't believe it but eliminated them for 6 months and tried reintroducing them. The result was significant bloating and slight worsening of fatigue. Nothing major, but enough to tell me my body doesn't like eggs. I didn't know to be looking for a correlation between eggs and blood pressure so I can't comment on that.

I feel your pain. I can't eat several fruits, oats, gluten, soy, dairy, or egg and am 100% free of them. I am trying to cut back on corn because I notice bloating, but corn tortillas are so helpful when gluten free!

A good egg replacer,especially for baking, is Ener-g egg replacer. My mom has used it in recipes and not known the difference. My stepdaughter eats pancakes made with it and doesn't notice anything "off" and she is one finicky four year old. It's powdered. One box will last quite awhile as you only use 1 heaping teaspoon. I believe it has corn in it, but if you can tolerate a bit of corn, hopefully this will be an option for you. I had a few months prior to finally buying Ener-G where I'd use replacements like applesauce, flax, banana, all sorts of things, and food just never turned out quite how it did with eggs. With this egg replacer, it does! You have to mix it into a bit of water. Never add the powder directly to a recipe without blending it in water -- I've tried that shortcut and regretted it! Most health food or organic stores carry it, but I just order it online.

I just dip meats into plain old bread crumbs or flour some of the time. Other times I use the egg replacer but I don't know that it adds much... However I rarely bread/fry food so do not have much to go off of, so if you try it, let me know your thoughts!