Tingling

andybonse

Hi guys,

About 2 years ago I had a weird feeling all over my face for about a month if I remember correctly maybe longer, as if someone with ice cold hands kept touching my face in different places with a finger! It was horrible but ignored it, it went away phew!

Now I get these feelings but on random parts of my body occasionally, I also started 6 months ago getting random muscle twitches.

I always wonder does it sound like MS?

Hi Andy,

I thought I had MS, before I was diagnosed with Dysautonomia/Mitral Valve Prolapse/Sleep Apnea/Fibromyalgia. My neurologist still thinks something neurological has to be wrong with me, so he keeps waiting. I had similar symptoms. I had tingling and buzzing in my head, heaviness and neuritis in limbs, electric shock nerve pain in my groin, and weird hot spots in strange places. I tested negative after 13 years, being checked again. When you go to your doctor have him/her check for it, anyway. Some have both.

I am told that it is the neuropathy associated with dysautonomia. My very first symptoms some 25 years ago began with a tingling feeling in the left side of my face. I have strange sensations of tingling arms, legs, and feeling like water is dripping down my leg or arm. Lately, my feet feel like "ants" are crawling all over them. I frequently attempt to "brush off" a bug that I think is on my arm only, there's nothing there!

I have tingling in my left foot and left hand for almost three years, and tingling/numbness/burning on left side of my face since last October.

My first thought was stroke/TIA and then MS, but my neuro said my brain MRI is clear so he's ruled all of that out. So, no real answers :(

Dkd looks like were in the same boat. Have you been checked for small fiber neuropathy?

No, I haven't been checked---yet. I had a pulmonary function test recently that suggested possible neuromuscular disease, so I'm wondering what my next testing will be.

My neuro said it could be neuropathy or myasthenia gravis. He did lab work for MG and it was negative, so I'm assuming at my next appt he'll do testing for neuropathy.