A Letter To My Body

Guest Hanice

Guest Hanice

Write a letter to your body :-)

Hello body,

How are you doing today? Well, I know how you're doing.... You haven't been good to me these past two years. I tried so hard to take good care of you, buying you the best food and exercising with you and you just.... I'm so upset with you. I know you're trying to protect me, but their is no danger when I'm standing up! I'm just trying to go to the bathroom or clean my house or play with my kids!!!! Sometimes you don't even let me read to them, and I HAVE to read to them.. I WANT to.. I always imagined I would be an amazing mom, and as soon as I got my dream, YOU betrayed me. Making me less of a mom that I know I could be.

I think that sometimes you think there is a tiger in my house, Well THERE ISN'T! So please stop reacting like that! You need to go back to normal and start behaving like you should be, like you used to. You are making life so hard for me. I miss the old days when I could do all the things I used to do with you, we used to go biking, running, jogging, walking.

I know I might not have appreciated you as much back then, but I really do now, and I'm sorry, I just want things to get back to the way they should be so just tell me what you need so I can help you be normal with me again. I want to feel like we are one again, we just think so differently now. When I want to sleep, you keep me up. When I'm just trying to rest you get me anxious.

P.S. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job making my two little kids, that's the BEST gift I ever got. I love you.

Sincerely

Me.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I am totally doing this now. I journal as it is, but I've never written specifically to my pots or my body, but I can see it being really therapeutic to get it out of me.