Anyone Else? Burning Feeling In Trachea And Chest

Hi all,

I haven't been here for a while as I have been busy with my two young children while school is out and had reached some sort of plateau as far as symptoms went. Well, I've been having a relapse for past few weeks, but more so for the past two.

One new symptom (never had this in past 2+ years since I've been diagnosed with dysautonomia) that's been pestering me lately is this feeling in my throat and lungs one gets after running in the cold or running for a long time, you know, that burning feeling. I just got off the phone with my cardio's nurse who served me the "it must be anxiety" answer (insert expletives here) when I told her about it. I contacted his office in the first place because I have been experiencing A LOT of palpitations since last Thursday. Anywho, I am the opposite of anxious. I am too calm lately, which is kinda weird cause I'm the kind of person who gets restless easily (not anxious <_< ). But then again, the too calm thing could be caused by my on/off brady (caught my sitting HR at 44 last week).

Does anyone else get this burning feeling I described? Nothing helps me except to ride it out. Any clue what could be causing this? BTW, I don't have a cold or allergies.

Thanks!

Hi,

yes i get a burning sensation but i identify it more with my chest area and probably my heart. But it does feel like burning and hot and uncomfortable. I am still at the point of trying to get it sorted out as it often co-incides with other chest pain and arrhythmias. My doctor just said anxiety -so i feel the same - very irritated and still no understanding.

I associate this sensation to my Acid Reflux\GERD which I get acupuncture for every 2 weeks which keeps it under control. I used to wake up when sleeping on my stomach feeling like I had to vomit due to the acid coming back up (sorry to be gross and descriptive) but this no longer happens.

Sounds like the condition i was checked for laryngeal reflux. Different than regular gerd? I raise the bed to sleep in. Also have sleep apnea

which worsens it. Can cause shortness of breath.

Apparently the prescription strenth laranzapol reflux med is much better than OTC.

Thank you all for your replies. Since I posted this, I really paid attention as to under which circumstances this burning feeling sneaks up on me. Turns out it is only when I've been upright for a while and it resolves after some time when I lie down (one hour or more). I guess it is a form of shortness of breath. I don't hyperventilate but breathe normally, so I can only assume maybe it stems from lack of oxygen or blood to the lungs...

As far as acid reflux goes, I get it from time to time in addition to a whole lot of GI issues. However, when I do get reflux, it is a constant thing made worse by lying down.

I get two different types of burning in my lungs and throat one is from gerd and I take omeprazal 40 mg a day for that. And the other is from tachycardia my chest and throat start burning if I stand for too long. I also got this same same feeling before I got diagnosed with pots sometimes when I would work out I would get extremely nauseated and my chest and throat would burn and hurt. With now I know that I must have been in extreme tachycardia at those times. You mentions that it sneaks up on you when you are up right. Maybe you should where a heart tracker and check your pulse when you feel the burning?