New Article: A Case Of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome Associated With Migraine And Fibromyalgia

Guest Alex

new article, full text

May be of interest to some of you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3710947/

A case of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome associated with migraine and fibromyalgia.

Abstract

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) refers to the presence of orthostatic intolerance with a heart rate (HR) increment of 30 beats per minute (bpm) or an absolute HR of 120 bpm or more. There are sporadic reports of the autonomic nervous system dysfunction in migraine and fibromyalgia. We report a case of POTS associated with migraine and fibromyalgia. The patient was managed with multidisciplinary therapies involving medication, education, and exercise which resulted in symptomatic improvement. We also review the literature on the association between POTS, migraine, and fibromyalgia.

happy reading

Alex

Thanks Alex. I have been diagnosed with all three so I appreciate the reading material!

I have NCS (maybe pots too i don't know) , and recently started getting ocular migraines. also have had myofascial pain for about 4 or 5 years. interesting. My mother has both migraines and fibromyalgia, but no dysautonomia.. hmm