Automatic blood pressure cuff?

roelse

I have seen an automatic BP cuff on TV recently. Because I have most of my episodes at night, I am seldom discovered by anyone who can check my BP. I am curious if there are any automatic cuffs out there that can be easily slapped on and that read your BP for a minute or so and then remember it. I'm probably dreaming but it would help so much for some of us if we could walk into a doctor's office with "statistics".

Of course, the unknown would be whether a person who has warning signs before an episode could get the cuff on in time. Mine almost always occur in the bathroom as that is where I run to because of getting sick, so I would put mine there.

Hi

Last year I had high BP instead of low, so I have an automatic one with a memory. Got it a walmart, for about $50.00. It is good. You do have to push on first, then start. It seems consistent and reliable. I know there are several brands out there. I hve an Omron brand one which was recommended and works well. It also takes both batteries and plugs in as well.

It also takes your pulse, which is good!

Silvia

I have an "Intelli Sense" by Omron. It takes both blood pressure and heart rate. It works well, except for when my blood pressure is really low....then I just get "E" for error. I think the lowest it records is in the 60's...Lower than that I just get "E". Has anyone found a bp monitor that registers really low bp?

Michelle

I use an omron too. You can order them through costco or get them at most pharmacy's. I use the one with the print out to cover me when I'm having memory lapses. It has been very reliable for me.

Omron? Blood Pressure Monitor and Print-Out HEM-705CP

Automatic Monitor with IntelliSense

$79.99

Item # 462419

Plus Shipping & Handling

Ok couldn't get the picture to add but I included the link.

http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?trg=pro...d=10021274&log=

Although your blood pressure fluctuates throughout the day, no self-adjustment is necessary with the Omron? HEM-705CP as the monitor intelligently adjusts to your changing conditions. The IntelliSense monitor uses fuzzy logic intelligence to sense both your systolic and diastolic blood pressure values, and the result is personalized inflation with every reading. Arm discomfort and misreading due to improper cuff inflation are virtually eliminated.

The Omron? HEM-705CP monitor uses the oscillometric method of blood pressure measurement. This means the monitor detects your blood's movement through your brachial artery and converts the movements into a digital reading. At the push of a button, the monitor automatically fills the cuff with air, starts deflation, then displays your systolic, diastolic, and pulse readings on an extra large display panel. The HEM-705CP also has the ability to print the measurement of the most recent reading along with any readings stored in memory. The numerical print-out will list all stored readings (maximum of 28 readings) starting with the most recent reading to last stored reading.

Prints and Graphs Blood Pressure Measurement

28 Memory Storage

Clinically Proven Accuracy

Accurate blood pressure and pulse rate are just a push-button away - simply wrap the adjustable cuff around your arm and press start. In seconds your blood pressure and pulse rate are displayed on the large digital panel.

Includes:

1 - Digital Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor with Print-Out

1 - Contoured Arm Cuff (fits arms 9" to 13" in circumference)

1 - Roll Printing Tape

1 - Illustrated Instruction Manual

Monitor and printer each operate on 4 "AA" batteries (not included)

Shipping will be calculated at checkout based on your ship-to location.

Standard shipping is via UPS Ground. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order.

Express shipping is via UPS Air. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 - 6 business days from the time of order.

Please choose your shipping method at checkout.

Costco.com offers merchandise which complements our warehouse product selection. Therefore, most items available on our web site are unique to costco.com.

Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 400 Costco warehouses worldwide.

[Model 462419]