Milestone

Hope

I just walked all the way around the block!!!!!!!!!!! :D:):DB):):D First time in 2 years!!!!!!!! I just had to share. Yes my blood pressure is 84/66 and I feel like I ran a mile but that's OK, I popped a midodrine and now I'm gonna sit and crochet. My heart rate is only 105, that's awesome! My Hope has returned! All Glory and Praise to my God!

Hope

Good for you! Take the day off tomorrow and try doing it again on Friday.

Thanks guys.

Bebe, I think I get it now "PTL" =Praise the Lord!

LooneyMom, I might not even make it on Friday, I might try next week. I always feel worse after I try to do something than when I'm trying to do it. Since I got back from the walk I am very off balance, dizzy, brain-fogged, fatigued, and short of breath. But that's Ok! It's worth it to get out an move around. I think I might try a shorter distance more often and work up to another lap around, etc.

:)

Good for you! In the beginning I always over estimated what my son could do. Cutting back on the distance and trying for every other day might be better. You might consider walking for a certain amount of time. Like walk 30 seconds away from the house and then turn around. Time is a whole lot easier to keep track of instead of distance. Then you can try and raise the time up each week. Maybe 15-30 seconds. If your body is not able to handle the new time limit, then you go back and do what you did the week before. Eventually you will be able to add more time. This is how my son was able to bike for 15 minutes, but it took a long time to get to this point. There were weeks, he could not raise the time limit. I could see this by the way he looked and his breathing. Just be careful and try not to over do it.