This May Be A Silly Question -- Bug Bites

Hey, I know this might be a stupidish question but I know a lot of us have chemical sensitivities..does that extend to whatever venom mosquitoes inject into your to keep blood from clotting? because i can't get a mosquito bite without it swelling to the size of a coin and its surrounding area turning red to the size of a baseball. is that a common thing with POTS people because of chemical sensitivities or is it just another lovely abnormality of mine?

I don't know about others on here, but I do have bad reactions to mosquito bites as well, though it has been that way my whole life. I think for me it is just an allergic reaction. Very irritating though, for sure--especially since they really seem to like me! lol Bug spray is definitely my friend in the summer!

They also hate the smell of cyrsanthemum (sp)? flowers/bushes. I was watching this building show on imaginative home owner builders. They used a lot of eco friendly stuff and liked having lots of water/ponds around the house == essentially rain water ran off the roof into these ponds. They were already living in a mosquito dense area. This owner had some sort of thing that squirted the smell of those flowers off the eaves around the house directed at the water areas and it acted to deter the mosquitoes from the yard and the house.

blue

Hi. I went with my boyfriend to a beautiful woodland that had lots of lakes. I hadn't noticed many biting insects, but he said that he was being bothered by mosquitoes. Rich was being bitten on the hands. When we got home his hands were getting red and as the evening progressed he was really suffering with lumps on his arms and legs. He couldn't sleep at night as his arms and hands had swollen up like balloons. I felt so sorry for him as he was in agony. I thought I had a lucky escape. Then 24 hours later I had lumps come up all over me. They were on my feet/legs/arms/back/neck etc. I had them in places you wouldn't believe. The critters had penetrated through two layers of clothes in some areas. I couldn't believe it and wondered why there was such a delay in them erupting!