When You Sleep, Do You Dream?

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I seem to dream a lot more since I've had POTS (or I guess remember it more). I rarely remembered my dreams before but now I usually remember a couple a night. The only exception to this is during "crashes" - they usually last a few days and during the first night I wake up every hour or so and I don't think I dream at all.

I actually have had night terrors for my whole life (since I was a toddler), where I have extremely vivid dreams and I start thrashing around and screaming. But when my POTS symptoms are bad I do not get them at all. I think that when my symptoms are bad I don't fall into a deep sleep.

When I wake up with a migraine I can remember the dream I had before -- it's always a nightmare of some kind.

I have more bad dreams (dreams of frustration -- big surprise -- not) than good dreams. When I wake up after a good dream I feel so good mentally. Physically, I often feel better after a good dream. there seems to be a connection.

blue

I grew up with night terrors, but somewhere in my 30's they stopped and I stopped dreaming altogether. After POTS dx, I started taking magnesium to see if it would help my headaches. The dreams returned.... some good, some not so good. However, I have not seen any correlation with relief of POTs symptoms (other than lessoning the headaches). I go to sleep tired, wake up about every hour and finally when I get up in the morning, I am not rested at all and feel worse than when I went to bed. When I try to nap during the day, I generally awaken with heart racing, nauseous and a feeling of impending doom. There is simply no refreshing sleep.... *sigh*

• 9 months later...

I have vivid dreams, night sweats usually accompany them. I also have night terrors where I will jolt up in bed or cry out. On a few occasions I have actually injured myself during night terror attacks when I jump out of the bed. I am fully asleep when this happens. Sometimes I do have pleasant dreams though and sleep well during these times.

• 2 weeks later...