New to DINET

SusieQ

I'm new to this forum but am glad to have found it. It's somewhat comforting to know there are others out there who have POTS and know what a struggle it is to live a normal life. I have been dealing with POTS for exactly 2 years now- the cause of mine seems to be post partum, after the birth of my second son. My husband researched and researched, i was in and out of hospitals and on every drug imaginable for 9 months until he got me into the National Institute of Health. I went to NIH for a 3 week propanalol study and found that the propanalol was the best medication for me. It helps most of the time, until the weater gets warm and then i start passing out again- the summers are definitely the worst times for me. Having 2 little boys, ages 4 and 2 and working full time make for hectic days and i struggle to get through them sometimes. There are days when you just can't get out of bed... i know you all know what that is like and i'm glad to know that you all get it. I can try to explain to people how i feel but no one can quite understand the way one feels when dealing with POTS.

I just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself... my log in is SusieQ and i look forward to being part of this forum. It is great to have somewhere to go and talk!

Thanks for reading my story...

Welcome, SusieQ. Glad you found us. I developed POTS during my first, and only, pregnancy. It was diagnosed post partum. Like you, it took a long time to get diagnosed. My little girl is 2 and a half this week and I work 3 to 4 days/week. My symptoms are generally mild these days, although I was disabled by POTS for months initially. A low dose SSRI has helped me tremendously.

Hope you find this forum helpful.

Katherine

Hi Susie,

welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of warm and caring people here. I think we are a very special group and I'm glad you found us. I have two boys as well, (14 and 10) but I'm not able to work anymore. Hope that POTS isn't give you too much trouble these days and, again, welcome to our Place!

Corina

Welcome SusieQ! I'm an old veteran, but haven't posted much here lately because I have been treating some other health issues besides my autonomic problems.

I know you will get some great advice and support here. I'm from Richmond, Virginia as well and would love to hear more about how you were diagnosed. I was diagnosed with POTS in 2001 at MCV, though I don't faint and most of my autonomic problems are secondary to another condition.

Welcome and best of luck to you!

Dan

Guest tearose

Hello and welcome SusieQ!

Hope you are in a good place and keeping your head "above ground" a good number of our forum are laying low right now...as you may have noticed.

I think as soon as the weather warmed up a little many of us may have over extended our feeble bodies...we always think we will be able to do more!

Anyway, as I too attempt to find more strength, I wanted to say a quick hello and wanted to welcome you.

best regards, tearose

SusieQ, welcome to the neighborhood and I look forward to hearing more about your own experiences. Sounds like you have your hands full with work and small children! There are others here with a similar lifestyles so I know you will enjoy getting to know everyone.

Hi SusieQ,

I also have postpartum-onset POTS. I would like to hear your story of how it came on and what symptoms you deal with. I am always curious to learn about how this disease affects women differently postpartum.

I have a 17-month-old daughter and she is a handful alone -- I am still too sick to have another, but want another. I admire you for managing to work full time and care for two young children. Just be sure you don't overdo it and take the time to rest when you can.

Amy

Hello and welcome Susie Q! Glad you found us. I think you will like it here. But hope you are quickly able to move on. I'm an old timer and expect I will be here for the duration, but I always pray that one day I'll just be sittin here talkin to myself! :) Mine has been going on forever, so long, I can't remember. All my life I think. This is a great site and I hope you find it as helpful and uplifting as I have. There are many brave people here (right now peeking over the grand canyon) but mostly here. Again welcome! morgan

Welcome!

I'd like to think we all put the FUN back into dysFUNction! Nice to have you join the boards.

We should really get our what to do for the summer heat posts ready. Last year one of the members told us about this australian neck cobber that stays cool for days. It was a lifesaver for me.

Good luck in your healing journey.

EM

SusieQ,

Welcome. I am sure you will love all the folks around here. I admire your energy and stamina for working full time and being a mother to two little ones. It sounds like you have an understanding hubby though, especially if he did research on your condition for you. I am the same way about the heat. I am dreading July and August here in Florida.

Stay cool! :)

Gena