Dose Anyone Wear Knee High Compression Stockings?

The cardiologist has suggested that I need to order some knee high compression stockings for my son. I have been looking at compressionstockings.com. I have taken the measurements but still a little concerned about ordering. There is not a measurement for shoe size. My son wears a size 15 shoe and he just turned 13 in April. Which means there could be a possibility of some more growing. What size should I order? I thought about ordering a large and an extra large. Any suggestions or possibly a better company to order from?

Update on son:

My son went down to .5mg of Florinif yesterday. His blood pressures are staying up so far. Yea! So maybe he won't need this medication after all. However, he is still waking up with tremors and they go all day long. He does get a few short breaks like 20-30 seconds worth. He also started taking a low dose of Strattera this week but has not had any affect on tremors. Still have not heard anything back on test results. The waiting on test results is horrible but looneymom is learning patience. I know someone has big plans for my son. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Hope everyone is having a symptom free day.

Hi

That would be challenge to order and find right size.

Am wondering if any of the sport or athletic companies may be easier?

Basketball ? CEP

Type of sleeves or stockings?

I tried thigh highs but they didn't fit right and when I wear knee highs I just pool in my thighs. Compression stockings are so frustrating! I would suggest trying whatever stockings you can get ahold of at local stores that accept returns easily. I ended up returning almost all of them for one reason or another. Even if you don't find what you need and have to turn to the internet, you will have a better idea of what you need then. Compression gloves might help your son too if he pools in his hands. I just ordered some so I don't know how well they work, but it was much easier to find the right size than with stockings and they are cheap.

I just wanted to throw in that I've had most success with thigh high compression stockings. I've tried several brands, but Jobst is my favorite for softness, comfort, and breathability (still not very breathable though).

dr leonards is a great place to get cheap compression stockings...love them. I would say they improve my symptoms by about 10%. However, i only put them on when my symptoms are at their worst as i want to train my body to be functional.

Well I use the compression stockings with no toes on them. I feel like in that case it doesn't matter so much what your shoe size is because your feet can extend as much past the end of the sock as they need to. They work just as well for me, I get them because I have small feet and the full footed socks are too big on me.

Excellent thought Margie! The toeless ones are also nice because I can wear flip flops still.