Clean Eating Cookbooks

bebe127

Does anyone have any links or suggestions for recipe books for "Clean Eating". Maybe not even "Clean Eating" per se, just some suggestions on cookbooks for healthier eating??

We are very much the typical "Southern" family and our diet currently consists mainly of meat, potatoes, veg. and bread with a healthy dose of casseroles thrown in for good measure. My husband currently does all the dinner cooking and I am ever so grateful, although much of the time many of the dishes aren't as healthy as they could be.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

• 2 weeks later...

When you say healthier eating, can you be more specific? There are so many different ideas of healthy! Since you say clean eating, I'm assuming you mean fewer processed foods. But also...less meat? More veg? Fewer carbs? Leaning towards Paleo, vegetarian, or just eating more whole foods? Different things work for each person and each family, so just trying to get an idea of what you want for yours.

I'm a Southerner too so I totally understand how difficult it can be stray from the typical diet here! I think one of the best things to do is start shopping at a farmer's market, if that's an option near you. Often the produce is as cheap, if not cheaper than, grocery stores but it's soo much fresher. Local farmers are less likely to use crazy chemicals on their produce but fresher also tastes better and that can be helpful if you're trying to get your family to eat more fruits and veggies.

• 3 weeks later...

One cook book I've been wanting to try out that deals with raw, vegetarian type food is by Ani Phyo and is titled Ani's Raw Food Essentials. You might like it, too.

You might also want to try out Pinterest for food recipes as well. I find a lot of great recipes on there. It's super easy to search for what you want, and if you find something you like, you can start your own recipe board to reference later.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been using the Clean Eating series of cook books by Tosca Reno. I like her books a lot. I also follow Gracious Pantry on Facebook. She has some great recipes and many of them are kid friendly both for eating and making. Her "mini chef" helps in the kitchen and gives his thumbs up or thumbs down on taste in the taste tests.