Cheaper Gatorade

For those of you who drink Gatorade....Walgreens has 32 oz. Gatorade and the lower calorie G2 on sale this week for 5/$5. I was tickled. Plus, if you have both a Walmart and Walgreens in your area, Walmart will match that same price (I mention this because usually Walgreens runs out of sale items early in the week). Then, I went online to see if I could find coupons (I couldn't) but found that they make powdered Gatorade and G2 that you add to a 20 oz. bottle of water that comes in a case of 64 sticks (makes 64 20 oz bottles) that is 39.90 with shipping so it comes out to $.63 per 20 oz. bottle. You can buy the powder sticks at several places but I found them here: http://www.powdermixdirect.com/G2-Powder-Sticks-Full-Cases-p/fcg2800.htm?1=1&CartID=1

You can basically make your own "Gatorade".

Just add flavor (like Sugar-Free Koolaid to this recipe)

1 quart water

1 teaspoon table salt
1/4 teaspoon Mortons [all potassium] salt substitute

You buy the potassium salt substitute in the grocery store
where it is usually stocked in the baking section with salt.

Here is another "Sugar Free Gatorade" recipe:

SF Gatorade Lemon Flavored

1 gallon of purified water.

1 Tsp of Morton's Lite Salt.

1 Pkg of SF Lemonade or limeade.

8 Pkg of SF sweetener or a liquid equivalent.

1/2 fresh lemon or lime cut into quarters or 4 Tbs of lemon juice or to taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an idea of how to make orange flavor? orange powerade is the only flavor I can take on a regular basis. With my coupon clipping/deal matching I have it down to .22 a bottle. I have to use bottle water for everything (no filter or RO has been able to remove the high arsenic levels in our water) so Im not sure how much I would be saving making it but I would be interested in if the flavor is available for emergencies when I can't get to the store.

For orange flavor, I add a TBSP of orange juice concentrate (organic for me, please). :) Cascadian Organic has 28 calories in a TBSP. Then add a few drops of stevia, and it makes a nice tasting electrolyte. I also use grape concentrate sometimes.

I just got some potassium bicarbonate and am using that in my mix -

16 oz. water

1/4 tsp salt (add more if needed)

1/4 tsp potassium bicarb (which has 500 mg potassium)

TBSP fruit juice concentrate

1/2 tsp Calm magensium powder

Stevia to taste

This mix does not taste salty to me at all and should be alkalyzing as well, if you need to lower your acidity. My bloodwork has shown too much acidity (elevated anion gap).