Changing A Display Name

Rachel

Hello DINET Members,

I want to let you know of a new feature on the forum that gives members the ability to change their own screen name. This is something we have received many requests about in the past. I'm happy to let you know that you may now change your own screen name up to two times. This will not change your log in name. It will only change the name that is displayed on the forum.

To change your username, please go into your settings. You can find your settings by clicking on your name in the black navigation bar that is at the top of the forum pages. Click on "My Settings." Next click on "Display Name." There you can type in the new display name that you want.

Please note that your old display name will still be available on your profile under "display name history." This is something that even an administrator can't change. If you ever need to change your display name for security purposes, please contact a forum administrator. We can help you delete your account and create a new one if need be.

Rachel