Son rolled his car twice and still OK

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

I am a bit nervous, I just found out my Son rolled his girlfriends car over twice on Rt. 23 going up to Ann Arbor Mi. Thank God he is OK-----I can't believe he rolled the car twice and he is OK. No other Cars were involved. He just over corrected and lost control and went over the median.

He has been driving hers as his was not safe for the highway until he could afford his new tires. Safe enough to putt around town, but not the highway. So his girlfriend took his car to work--92 Honda, and he drove her 2003 Saturn---now totaled. They failed to see if he was covered. Although they both have full coverage so they assumed he was---but apparently he is not old enough--(still under 25 for her coverage to cover him.) He is young and so is she---they never think things like this can happen. He will check his insurance in the morning.

The main thing is that he is OK---we are all very happy----DEAR GOD, I don't know what I would have done if something happened to him. I just found all this out about an hour ago.

They are now just on their way back from Ann Arbor---45 mins away in his UNSAFE CAR.....................I'm pulling my hair out. He'll be 24---and he's still learning. He truly had an angel on his shoulder today. He had his seatbelt on---otherwise he would have eaither been thrown, or possibly killed. He's banged up a bit---but my big 6 ft. 2 in. son is alive. One day at a time from this point.

He was transferred to the Ann Arbor Starbucks as his girlfriend worked in Perrysburg, just right up the road from South Toledo. They are both shift mgrs---so they could no longer work together. so he had to drive to Ann Arbor to work until the two new stores are built.

My husband and I will take a drive over to his place. His girlfriend is handling this all so well. They are so much in love, and she is just happy he wasn't killed.

I will go now, as i'm going to make sure he is still OK.

Julie :0)

Guest Julia59

My son just called me again. He informed me that his seat belt WAS NOT on! He said he didn't want to lie to me. He was thrown all around the car and ended up in the back seat! It is truly a miracle he is alive. He is about 20 minutes away from Toledo. We will go over to his place to make sure he really is OK----and take them something to eat.

Well, he's definitely going to be sore for the next few days and hopefully learned about seat belts, but thankGod he is alright! So sorry this had to happen. It seems lately not only are we in potsholes, but our kids are all having travails of their own. What the heck??? I'm really glad he's okay. Keep us informed. morgan

mabey a lesson learned.

my mother-in-law wrote a peom before she died.

In God's Hands

As my baby lays in my arms

It all is in God's hands.

As my child runs and plays

It all is in God's hand.

As my child drives away

It all is in God's hand.

As my child walks away

It all is in God's hand.

As my child lays me down to rest

It is all in God's hand.

blackwolf

Guest Julia59

I saw Mike tonight, he seems OK, but very upset he wrecked his girfriends car. hopefully his insurance will cover it. His girlfriend must love him lots because she is an angel about the whole thing.

It might be a good thing he didn't have a seat belt on as he ended up in the back seat. Had he stayed in the front seat he would have risked more injury as he would be near all the controls/the windshield was shattered ect---and his head probably would have been injured. I'm not saying one should go without a seatbelt, but wearing one this time would have kept him in the front seat where more injury was likely. He's a big guy, so once in the back seat, he was sort of boxed in back there. The car is a Saturn---and he's 6 ft. 2 in. The front part of the roof of the car was caved in.

It is a miracle he is alive---he was going 75 mph with in the acceptable speed limit which is 70 in Michigan. He was not sited by the police. No other cars were involved, and his past driving is very good for a young man. He will be 24 in June. Thank God he will be 24. He simply over corrected. He still paln on wearing a seatbelt. He usually does, but for some reason he didn't this time.

Glad he's okay Julie! Glad you got to see him. Hope insurance covers it, and his doesn't get too high. We told our sons we'd pay for their insurance till they got a ticket. That was one month for our oldest and we're still paying for our 23 year old! He drives like an old poop, which is fine by me. morgan

Guest Julia59

Well I just found out this accident won't be insured.........UGGG

Thank God no other cars were involved. My son's girlfriends insurence is covered under her parents as she has had a lot of accidents and several speeding tickets. too bad----she is so sweet---the best-------but I guess she is not a good driver, I think she will be better now.

Her insurance has a stipulation that no drivers under 25 are covered except her as she is covered under her parents, and they list her as a driver. Because of this his insurance won't cover it eaither. Both his girlfriend Carley and Mike didn't check into things like they should before he drove the car. I don't want to harp on them as i'm sure this is lesson enough for them. His driving record is very good. He has only one accident from the past when he was 18, and one speeding ticket. Very good for a young man. He's now 23, and will be 24 in June. My son plans to make her car pmts until the car is paid off. This means he will have to move into a cheaper apartment.

I think they both plan on moving out together. They live next door to eachother, and he spends all his time there anyway.

The main thing is that he is alive.

Thanks for all your well wishes and concern everyone.

Guest Mary from OH

Julie-

Your son definitly has a Guardian Angel working overtime!! Thank God he is ok!! Everything happens for a reason. Him not wearing his seatbelt, just this one time. Him being in the car and not his girlfriend (she probably never would have survived). This will be a difficult lesson learned by all. But, like you said, he is alive and NOT even hurt!! Thank God for miracles. Give your son a hug from me and tell him to thank God for every day. He has been given a special chance to live.

Take care and BTW, you can start breathing again!!!

Guest Julia59

Thanks so much everyone. I still worry every day. He still has to drive up to Ann Arbor Mi. to his job on RT. 23. His car is not safe------at least I think it's not---not totally sure. He has a 92 Honda civic--Our first Honda that we bought in 1992. WE have stayed with Honda's ever since. They last a long time.

Anyway the 92 honda has only 80 K miles on it, but it's been on the road for 13 years. The breaks, suspension, tirods, axels ect. all need to be checked. His breaks are not good, and his tires are 7 years old. I have begged him to take his car to a mechanic, but he still has not. We offered to help him pay for any repairs above the money he can pay. In fact he is on his way home now as he had to open the shop today. Our weather is terrible---we are expecting 4-8 inches of snow! That's Toledo----80 degrees last week, snow today. A freak storm with winds coming from Canada. Next week will go back up to 60 and we will have a sloppy mess. Meanwhile my Son is driving in this mess with a car that needs work.

Tonight my brother Joe will take a look under the car to see if he is safe of not safe. My son is supposed to take his car in Tuesday---so he said. I'll believe it when I see it. If my brother has time, he may fix it tonight, but he works a lot, and will probably only fix it if it isn't safe.

I'll be so glad when my Son is working back in Toledo again! The new Starbucks will not be built until August. Meanwhile please keep him in your prayers. Rt. 23 is a nasty highway.

Guest tearose

Hey Julie, I'm just catching up and wanted to join in and say thank goodness your son is okay. I am sorry for the added burden on your life and relieved he is alive to work through this.

Hope you are managing better today.

best regards, tearose

Wow! What a story...as a mother I can't imagine how scary it must have been to hear that news. I'm just glad he is okay! I don't know what I am going to do when I no longer have much control over what my children are doing...Ethan is only two right now and it's hard enough already to keep him safe. Blackwolf- I LOVE that poem, it is so true!

Julie- count your lucky stars this time, and we will all hope with you that he remains safe each and every day.