Nocturnal Problems (Bp? Idk!)

I've always had worse symptoms at night, but I'm writing specifically to ask about whether anyone has strange symptoms that come and go across the night. The reason I ask is that I generally have low blood pressure, and I'm wondering if there are times when my body simply isn't pushing around enough blood, causing problems. ? I have symptoms that could reflect sporadic nerve dysfunction, but since it comes and goes so much, it would make more sense that there's compression or something rather than demyelination. You know, like when you sit too long on your leg and then it tingles and/or doesn't work until it "wakes up".

1) I call it "smooshed"...the feeling I get once in a while after laying on the couch; when I get up, the side I was laying on, the vision is not working, as if the nerve had been smooshed from the pressure of brain matter.

2) A few times recently, (during my period), I woke up in the middle of the night and my entire left arm (from shoulder) wasn't moving. It wasn't just my wrist that was numb; my shoulder was numb and my arm hung and was immovable. I didn't think about it until I was driving and my left arm at the shoulder started tingling! I had it on top of the car wheel and that was enough to start the process. Not getting enough blood simply from driving? (that normally doesn't happen, so this is recent)

3) But more relevantly, I have bladder problems that come and go, but are worse at night. Since it involves both sensory and motor function, and it worsens while I'm sleeping (and usually is gone around 9 or 10am), is there nerve compression going on while I sleep?

4) There have been many months when I have trouble sleeping during the night I'm most vulnerable to problems (before my period), where I jerk awake numerous times (I suspect it's related to the time of my sleep cycle since it's so regular), with heart racing (sometimes gasping first). I noticed this past week, that all three times it happened (in a single night), I was trying to sleep on my left side. Sometimes, it felt like it was hard to breath. I was ok on my right side. I vaguely remember from pregnancy days that there's something significant about the differences in sleeping on the left side vs right side but I don't remember what. However, the time I was in the ER because of serious/traumatic spasms (no word to describe them), they were set off much more if I was on my left side; I had to lay there on my right side.

I have low rbc, and then maybe when my bp gets too low, like on certain nights when I'm hormonally more susceptible, it's too low to supply my organs? Does this make any sense, or sound familiar to anyone?

The bladder problems are probably their own thread, but I recently saw an MS/autoimmune neuro-urologist who wants me to undergo the urodynamic testing but didn't seem to hear me when I tried explaining that it's only a problem half the month, and then worse at night (and enhanced by stress! I ended up in the ER two months ago after my dog died because I couldn't go at all) *I* know this fits the pattern of my life: related to hormones and stress. But WHY is the mystery that no doctor seems to get. I do have a diagnosis of dysautonomia but do not see anyone for it at this time.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I don't have any answers for you, but I have bladder problems that come and go. I have the waking with a jerk, and gasping, heart racing. The waking etc.. used to happen a lot more than it does now. I think the metoprolol I'm on helps with that for some reason. It only happens once in a while now. Before, it was multiple times a night, usually in the first part of the night. After a few hours of interrupted sleep, it would go away until the next night. The bladder problems are definitely worse with my hormonal changes, as all my POTS symptoms, but not exclusive to it. Where did you get your diagnosis of dysautonomia if you don't mind my asking? I have been diagnosed with "POTS with and underlying cause" and nobody can seem to figure out the cause, and none of my doctors speak of dysautonomia even though I have a whole list of symptoms that can be caused by a damaged autonomic nervous system.