Improvement! Probably 50% Better!

sue1234

Dizzy,

If you aren't doing paleo diet any more ---are you doing the vegan, whole foods diet? With this diet - we eat a lot of carbs. Vegetables are high in carbs. But, we try to do whole foods and stay as organic and foods in their natural state ---not processed. With this type of diet - it should cause you to lose weight or at least balance out to your normal weight (that your body likes) and keep your blood sugar level without the risk of causing diabetes. I can only speak for myself ---but, this has been a very good diet for me. I seldom have any issues with my blood sugar and my brain function has improved tremendously. Not at all hungry either and not missing animal products ---except for maybe butter. LOL!

Issie

Hi issie,

I tried vegan minus my food intolerances for 6 weeks (no or very little meat, dairy, gluten, corn, soy, or chemicals) just veggies, grains and legumes, but never felt well. I'm not eating great right now but I've had company or been company for about a month so it's impossible to keep healthy foods available. Grains and legumes in the healthy form and not so healthy form are putting weight on me.

The paleo diet was great for me weight wise but I still needed a source of sugar for my neuroglycopenia. I just switched to using sugar in Jan. I was using oranges (now allergic to citrus) or raisins mostly. And coffee with sugar in a pinch. My body never adjusted to using foods for this problem. My symptoms respond to what a diabetic would need for a hypoglycemic crisis.

Just to be clear ... :unsure: ... if I want to go for a walk on the beach and be able to think, I need to eat something to raise my blood glucose immediately before and about every 15 minutes afterwards. Stopping and resting for 5 - 10 minutes every 15 minutes and eating something sweet works best. I've been doing this for several years now. This is what I have to do in order to function when running errands too.

tc .. d