Approved For Xolair Shots

Katybug

So, I am finally approved for Xolair shots (suppresses IgE). The pharmacy is shipping the first vial to my doc's office tomorrow, so I should have my first shot within the next week. I'm a little nervous given the black box warnings but it does seem to be the best option for me right now. Wish me luck!

No asthma but severe allergic reactions to just about everything. Classic allergies plus mcas. So standard immunotherapy allergy shots aren't getting the job done. I have been titrating the allergy shots for over a year and a half and am still not up to a maintenance dose because of how reactive I am to them and that's with antihistamines on board. We tried both high and low dose prednisone and hydrocortisone and I have severe adverse reactions to that treatment over time. So, immunologist fought to get me approved for this as we had to do something to get this under control. He has a couple other patients with similar issues that have been helped by this treatment even though it is off label. I was denied a couple times before he won the fight.