Let's Hear It For Spanx!

My son had his very first concert tonight with the Phoenix Boys Choir. I really really wanted to go. Even though I'm in a bit of a flare, I showered, did my hair and makeup and I got a new dress, so I put my spanx shaper on underneath. I made it through the whole concert!!! I think the spanx really helped with the pooling and I could stay upright in the seat. I'm wiped out, and I am sure I will pay tomorrow, but I was so happy to be out in public and see my son perform and actually be dressed up with makeup on! In the not too hot months, I may need to add that as a staple to my wardrobe.

My son did great. He looked so grown up singing with all the other boys and wearing his uniforms. I'm glad I didn't miss it! Hooray for getting out of the house and doing something that isn't doctor or hospital related!

I wear the SPANX mid thigh shaper (covers just under my chest to mid thigh- is "Super Duper" control). I literally don't leave my house without them on. I've bought several pair and can't imagine life without them. I do not wear them when resting or lying down.

At Vanderbilt, during one of the trials they used an uncomfortable abdominal binder that was far less effective for me in testing. Because SPANX is expandable it we were not able to get a measure of how much pressure it puts on my abdomen. But it consistently raises my BP by 10+ pts.

Abdominal binders are not for everyone but for me they are a lifesaver. I can think more clearly and am less lightheaded with them on.

Funny side note. I grew up with Sara Blakely, the inventor of SPANX. Now I'm so thankful for the work she has done.

I have Spanx also as well as other type of compression garments (whatever I can get on sale) - I used to wear them a lot but, in the past few months I quit because they are just so darn tight. Now, my gastroparesis and abdominal pooling is out of control and I'm swelling like a watermelon - I put my spanx back on and poof! - instantly felt better so, guess I'll be back in the spanx for awhile - can't live with them....can't live without them....

azmusiclover,

Good on you. Not only should you be proud of yourself, but I'm sure your son more than enjoyed having his mother present (and upright!). Being a part of our children's lives is so important and so many times, it seems as we cannot, but YOU DID IT!! So encouraging!! Well done!! :)

@kellysavedbygrace. Do you know if the compression raised most people's bp 10+ points? I have a lot of pooling but also have swings of hbp & I wonder if during those times less compression would help get it down? Or all around less compression would stop it from going up? I guess that's a trade off because of how purple & dizzy I am already.

Awesome accomplishment attending your sons event with a dress and makeup! It's sad, my mom has told people she can tell I'm having a decent day if I have jeans on! I guess jeans are an upgrade from sweatpants, but a dress, that's an event! I have discovered that the Maidenform "Control It" camisole helps me more than anything else. It's not as tight as spanx, so it's comfortable to wear all the time. It's also lightweight, so I wear it all year round. I don't feel comfortable without it now!