Tramadol For Pots?

What effect does Tramadol have on POTS? I saw where someone mentioned taking it for tachycardia. I found that very interesting. How does that work? Do you take it instead of or with Midodrine? Which works best? Just curious.

I am on Tramadol and I take it for depression. I'm taking it in addition to Midodrine. The Tramadol helps my POTS. I get less periods of Tachycardia when I am on Tramadol. It can potentially worsen Tachycardia for some people. Tramadol is an SNRI in addition to it's opiate properties and other properties. Serotonin and Norephinephrine can increase vasoconstriction, if I remember correctly. This would lead to less pooling of blood in the lower extremities and POTS tachycardia being helped. That's my theory on how it works. But what works for one person may or may not help the next person.

My son was put on it for his headache, but it made it worse. It also caused his vocal tic to start up. Hope you have better results if you decide to use it.