Muscle Pain After Exercise

Electra

I am trying Dr. Levine's exercise program, and I am finding that my muscles get REALLY tight and sore after working out. I am not sure wether it is because I'm deconditioned, or something else. I am trying to do alot of stretching, but it knocks me out for a few days. Not because I am dizzy, but because I feel sore and wet noodle like. Does anyone have this problem?

Thanks for the reply, and man I hope this goes away after a month. I really enjoy the exercise, but not how I feel after. In order to get my heart rate between 135-155 ( rate determined by dr. Levine's protocol according to my age ) I have to jog, and I feel like that is taking a big toll on my body. I am used to doing yoga, and walking for exercise.

If I were you, I would nix the jogging especially since you are just beginning, and use an incline while walking, or a bicycle to get the heartrate up. Also, you can walk carrying weights in your hands or wrapped around your ankles. That will make you weigh more and get your heartrate up.