Exhaustion After Showers, Allergies In The Am

joyagh

Yes, showers can provoke symptoms in me, especially if I'm in a flare. They are notorious for doing this. Especially,if the water is too warm it will cause peripheral dilation and make blood shifting away from your heart/head etc even worse. A lot of people use shower chairs for this reason.

I've been told by my allergist that pollen counts are highest around 5 am so that may be why you notice those symptoms if you get up early. I was also told to sleep with windows shut etc to avoid this problem. .

cool -- not cold -- showers help me enormously in the morning. I realized about 10 years ago that suddenly a warm shower made me feel awful. This is the 10 yeas time line when pots symptoms suddenly escalated (I was not diagnosed then).

I used to be have to shower sitting on the floor of our tub (shower is over tub) but now can shower standing up. I only take short showers, though. I also can now wash my hair in the shower, lifting my hands and arms long enough to get it done. A year ago I was having to get hubby to wash my hair sometimes because I just couldn't manage to lift my arms to do so. When it's warm weather (as it has been in Australia -- way too hot, actually) I let the water run over my hair too. Something about the water washing through my hair helps with the allergic rhinitis and general itchiness. My sister who does not have pots, but does have allergies wets her hair too whenever in the shower as she gets a similar relief from her allergies -- that and zyrtec when needed.

BTW, when drying myself after a shower I pat dry as rubbing will often bring up hives -- although they don't last long they are unpleasant and I get enough unexplained hive outbreaks that I am careful how I dry myself to avoid bringing on a bout of hives.

I also get exhausted after I shower. I used to love showers- I would sing and have some time to relax. Not so much anymore! It's been better since the heat hasn't kicked up too bad here, but give it a month or so and it'll be really tough. My shower has a built in tile seat/ledge so on my bad days I sit there with the hand held shower thingy.

My allergies are awful and I can't find my generic CVS brand claritin redi tabs. I think they stopped making them and that really makes me sad. Regular claritin made me feel really awful but the CVS brand was fine in the dissolving tablet. I can't find them anymore. :(

You are not alone!

I remember once I was at my sister's house and after a shower her husband noticed my legs being so red and asked why? I had no idea way back then I thought it was normal. Plus I always hated washing my hair as it left me exhausted.

When I got a chair for the shower after my first biospy. I remember thinking how did I ever shower standing up? I used to have to sit in the tub to finish.

I also believe all the chemicals in the shampoo and hair products I used were making me sick in the shower. I went to all natural products only!!! Once I found out I had a Neuro disorder I stopped using hair color. My hair is a nice color already, no more dye for me.

ok. makes sense. I think with standing still for 10 minutes, having all the blood drop out of my chest, moving my arms around so much with lathering, and overhead with shampoo just kills me. I get tachy and breathless and exhausted. feel like I ran a marathon. Have to rest for at least 10-20 minutes or I'm wrecked all day.

glad to know I'm not alone.