The Symptoms We Get From Pots

376 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Burning feet when fatigued (allover the surface but also pain inside feet and ankles)

Urinating: pain, frequency, stoppage

Dark Urine

Blood in stools

Yeast Infections

Dry irritated eyes and nose

Receding gums (from young age)

Depressurized eyes

Joint pain and weakness (sprains, breaks, spine compression, sciatica)

Hypermobility

Hypoglycemic episodes

Numbness/immobility on one side (during acute OI episodes)

Limbs falling asleep quickly (during acute OI episodes)

Red patches (thighs)

Temporary loss of vision in one eye (is this vision change? I also get partial occlusion or grey outs in both eyes in morning when dehydrated)

Epiglottal valve malfunction (when eating)

Nystagmus

Vertigo

Vomiting

Drop attacks

Auras (during migraine)

Night Blindness

Chemical sensitivity

Weak finger/toenails (ridges, bumps, breaks)

Speech difficulty (slurred speech, spoonerisms with stuttering, slow speech, wrong volume)

Frequent yawning (when well rested)

Excessive drooling

Sorry for TMI but I would really like to know if these are unusual? I am trying to sort out the Dysautonomia from the Bipolar, but these really are not bipolar symptoms as far as I know based on all my years of treating that. Thank you, Naomi.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Lemonsin2lemonade and Naomispellman.

I will add the following but not sure if they are POTS related:

1. Extreme reaction to Flu shots

2. No deep sleep (stage 4)

3. Feeling detached from surroundings

4. Narrowing of upright pulse pressure

5. Feeling full quickly and poor appetite

6. Popping in neck or dislocating or pulling a muscle with the slightest movement.

7. Very fast pulsations sensations (Vibrating) in my whole body. (Not my pulse)

8. Excessive thirst or not feeling thirsty at all.

9. Regarding local or general anesthetics, very slow acting and extremely slow recovering.

10.Temperature, wind, humidity and Barometric pressure, all play a role in how I feel.

Here's what I would add from my own experience:

1. One of my worst symptoms is the insomnia (and lack of deep sleep as mentioned by Tachy above).
  2. I also have trouble with temperature regulation. I'm very intolerant of being too hot or too cold.
  3. Does anyone else have itchy ears? That's a weird one and it only started after I first started on antidepressants, but it's continued through many med changes.

My #3 brings up another question I often wonder about my own symptoms. Could some of these symptoms be side-effects of medications?

Here's what I would add from my own experience:

1. One of my worst symptoms is the insomnia (and lack of deep sleep as mentioned by Tachy above).
  2. I also have trouble with temperature regulation. I'm very intolerant of being too hot or too cold.
  3. Does anyone else have itchy ears? That's a weird one and it only started after I first started on antidepressants, but it's continued through many med changes.

My #3 brings up another question I often wonder about my own symptoms. Could some of these symptoms be side-effects of medications?

Hah yes I have very itchy ears! I was told I had a fungal infection in one ear, but subsequent checks turned up nothing. Started in one ear, then the other. Intense around perimeter/outside edge, burning sensation. No, not from drugs. I am normally not on any meds.

Also, from angelloz: "Does anyone else experience disequalibrium?"

Yes for sure. Can't find my way out of a paper bag when symptomatic! Do we want North or South? Which way is up?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this list. I checked all but two and added about 8 and took it to my doctors appt. she is using it to update her notes that she sent into disability on me. Wow! The way my mind skips around I'm not sure I could have come up with this list on my own yet I either have now or have experienced all the symptoms listed except about 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulling out my calculator...not so good at math so please correct me if i am wrong... out of 123 forum members:

83% experience lightheadedness

80% experience brain fog

56% experience muscle spasms

60% experience chest pain

55% experience chest tightness

85% experience fatigue

41% experience electric shock like sensations

52% experience sudden awakening in the night

41% experience excessive sweating

28% experience full syncope

74% experience presyncope

63%  light sensitivity

63% sensitivity to sound

76% weakness

76% palpitations

59% feelings of panic

49% feelings like you are going to die

62% feelings like there is something else wrong undiscovered

80% dizziness

67% Shortness of breath

77% cold hands and feet

72% tingling or numbness in arms or legs

72% Headaches

60% trembling

64% visual changes

38% perceptive changes

39% sensation changes

36% swelling of the hands or feet

68% Heart rates over 130 beats per minute

73% forgetfullness

72% waxing and waning symptoms

48% symptoms worsening during or before menstruation

69% symptoms worsening with heat

Edited by corina

• 2 weeks later...

Yup and yup! Lol.

I will say that I went gluten free in 2009 and still have pots but my gi issues have resolved.

If you have been diagnosed with "ibs" I would suggest looking into fructose, lactose, and gluten intolerance(s). In my opinion "ibs" is a "cr@p" diagnosis.

My daughter was told she had ibs- a simple breath test for fructose uncovered her issue.

• 2 months later...

I remeber when I joined Dinet this was the first post I read and I cried and cried and cried. I was like yes yes yes and yes to almost everything, except most GI things. Thank you so much for posting this post/poll.♥ this one should be thumb tacked to the top at all times!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness, this brought many things to my attention and I thought I was the only one..

anyone else sensitive to noise? I tried going to a pool hall/ bar with my husband. They had a live band and the base literally felt like it was in my chest! Gave me palpatations. I also can't do elevator or even walk across a bed or trampoline; throws me completely off balance. In addition I get the shocking feelings but they are in my head and only last a few seconds. kind of like being hit with a hammar without the pain lol.

thanks for the list! Very helpful :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...