Totally Reversed Chronic Kidney Disease

issie

In four months time of doing my vegan, low fat diet and also using treatment for autoimmune disorder and protozoa --my GFR has gone from being in Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease (one more level and they start to talk to you about dialysis) to completely normal in the high 90's. That is ABSOLUTELY amazing. It has been thought that kidney disease can not be reversed. I guess me and my doc have proved that wrong. I'm his 3rd patient to reverse CKD.

Lots of my labs are looking much improved. And I'm losing the some weight that I needed to lose. Win ---Win, as far as I'm concerned. Very subtle improvements. Doctor Fry says we have to go very slow and is very excited to see my improvements. Things are going in the right direction. I had a call from my Kidney doctor and he is aware of the diet and treatment that I'm doing and said ---you are completely stable and to keep doing what I was doing and not to change a thing.

YaYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Issie

That is excellent news! There are a myriad of things that can be at least improved by dietary adjustments. Maybe someday they will actually do clinical trials so that the evidence that already exists will be accepted as fact. Sure, not everyone is willing to modify their lifestyle, but they at least deserve to be informed that it has the potential to help them.

I'm sure you're due to astonish any further doctors you come across with this reversal. Enjoy your success - you've earned it!

Thanks all! I'm really JAZZED --about this. I think things will continue to improve in other areas as well. Subtle changes for the better. I really do believe in Changes = Change. You have to make a change for there to be a change. That's the hardest part of it all --making ones mind up to make lifestyle changes.

Issie

So happy for you, loss of kidney function is scary. You've had a lot to deal with. I've had my problems but not as serious as yours. My kidney and liver function tests are excellent. Though I do think I get rid of my urine to fast. My tests and ultra sound were good.

I do wonder though about underlying infection as I have had prior to starting any treatment elevated cd8's, which now I read are viral related. With my immune dysfunction it makes me wonder. I don't appear to have mast cell issues either.

I was wondering do you get the dry eye or sjogren like symptoms? If you do doesn't taking mast cell drugs dry you out even more. I have trouble taking them as they make that even worse.

Still so glad to see your progress and treatment plan is working for you.

WOW! Issie, soooo happy for you!!!!! I just got The China Study today. We made vegan brownies for dessert tonight. :) I just figured that if you're going to start with a new way of eating why not start with dessert! :)

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Also....i would be cool if you'd post on the chit-chat forum some of your favorite vegan recipes or foods.

I was wondering do you get the dry eye or sjogren like symptoms? If you do doesn't taking mast cell drugs dry you out even more. I have trouble taking them as they make that even worse.

Thankfully, I don't have sojourns. I was having a dry eye problem for awhile but, somehow that resolved itself. My mom has sojourns though. I do find that the mast cell meds tend to be a little drying - but, I can deal with that better then the mast cell attacks. I have issues with water not going into my cells properly and my skin and hands will feel really dry and I feel dehydrated a good bit of the time. But, haven't tested positive for sojourns.

When I started getting the terrible edema (I guess from the combination of kidney and heart dysfunction), that resolved itself too. I was holding on to way too much fluid. I seldom have edema now. I do however, still have some problems with dry fingers. I think I need more essential fatty acids. I just started one that is vegan. So maybe that will help.

Thanks for the well wishes,

Issie

WOW! Issie, soooo happy for you!!!!! I just got The China Study today. We made vegan brownies for dessert tonight. :) I just figured that if you're going to start with a new way of eating why not start with dessert! :)

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Also....i would be cool if you'd post on the chit-chat forum some of your favorite vegan recipes or foods.

Yum, I want that recipe. Yeah, says something for diet and lifestyle changes --doesn't it.

Issie